Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NC5 Roms

Tip us?

Raymondlikesroot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default NC5 Roms

Hi,

I currently have a mk2 bootloader verizon s4. I used surge's method for upgrading to NC5 and I downloaded Hyperdrive 16.1. My problem was that my phone would reach 95F+ even while using gmail, chrome, or facebook. Also, I antutu benchmarked the rom and it was behind the regular s4 stock. (I greenified tons of apps, froze some apps I didn't need, and had almost no user apps running in the background)

I was wondering if nc5 with safestrap is just like this, or if it was just user error by me.
leave a thanks if i helped! Raymond

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1303

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot View Post
Hi,

I currently have a mk2 bootloader verizon s4. I used surge's method for upgrading to NC5 and I downloaded Hyperdrive 16.1. My problem was that my phone would reach 95F+ even while using gmail, chrome, or facebook. Also, I antutu benchmarked the rom and it was behind the regular s4 stock. (I greenified tons of apps, froze some apps I didn't need, and had almost no user apps running in the background)

I was wondering if nc5 with safestrap is just like this, or if it was just user error by me.
These phones can run really hot depending on what you're doing with it.
Around 90ish is very common. Mine has been running from 70 all the way up to 101

As far as benchmarking... You could run 10 different tests and come up with 10 very different scores and there's quite a bit that goes into tweaking these phones that directly impacts those scores. The actual temp of your phone is one of them BTW.

I wouldn't worry too much about those scores and just base it off of how the phone behaves and responds to what you put it through.

I can flash a couple different patches in recovery and boost my Quadrant score from 8,000 to 13,500 and really... There's no crazy difference for me while actually using the phone...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shaftamle
Old
Thanks Meter 2873

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot View Post
Hi,

1) I think 95f is around normal operating temp. 115f to 120f is when issues can begin.
2) Benchmarks are more or less a guide. If you clock 25000 or 28000 the difference is negligible. Back in the day it mattered more when you had a single core 1 gigahertz processor. But with 1.9 quad core it's so fast already you'll hardly notice any difference. I use an tu tu to guage how one ROM stacks against another. But don't pay to much attention to the scores posted in the app. Once again its just a guide.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
CheckOutMyThemedGoogleKeyboards!!!!!!

MyColorScreen
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaftamle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]