9th June 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 65

254 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys!

I am experiencing an odd video/audio streaming stuttering on my Nexus 7 (and Nexus 4 as well) after upgrading to 4.4.3. I am using Plex to stream media, the software is up-to-date, everything was fine before Android upgrade. Now, depending on video/audio format, playbacks starts stuttering after 20-30 minutes and becomes unwatchable.

Found these issue reports:

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=70877
https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/top...-nexusgpe-443/

Has any of you encountered this? Is there a solution?

I would appreciate your suggestions.
9th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzakhar

Hi guys!

I am experiencing an odd video/audio streaming stuttering on my Nexus 7 (and Nexus 4 as well) after upgrading to 4.4.3. I am using Plex to stream media, the software is up-to-date, everything was fine before Android upgrade. Now, depending on video/audio format, playbacks starts stuttering after 20-30 minutes and becomes unwatchable.

Found these issue reports:

Has any of you encountered this? Is there a solution?

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Not that I'm any help here, but I have the exact same issue. I have two Nexus 5 and three Nexus 7 devices all on 4.4.3 and just discovered Plex is now unwatchable. My old HP Touchpad running 4.2 or 4.3 is working just fine.
19th June 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

423 posts
More
Have you guys found a solution to this yet? I have the same issues after updating to 4.4.3. Hope a fix is provided soon. Dont want to have to downgrade
19th June 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Limassol

254 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unfortunately, after upgrading to the latest Plex, this is still happening. Reducing streaming rate seems to help, but this is more of a workaround, not a solution
19th June 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

423 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzakhar

Unfortunately, after upgrading to the latest Plex, this is still happening. Reducing streaming rate seems to help, but this is more of a workaround, not a solution

I found a post saying that the issue has been submitted to google. They also mention disabling hls in the client setting fixes the problem. I have checked everywhere for that setting and have not yet found it.
19th June 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Limassol

254 posts
Donate to Me
More
From Plex forums:

Quote:

1. Download the VLC for Android app
2. Go to the Plex App, Under device profile, click Android, and change the Default player to External Player
3. Enjoy streaming without stutter

Moreover, this problem seems to be specific to stock 4.4.3, CyanogenMod is apparently ok.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread