Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to flash a diferent kernel P600

Tip us?

jpkillerage
Old
(Last edited by jpkillerage; 18th June 2014 at 10:04 PM.) Reason: typos
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to flash a diferent kernel P600

First of all, my intentions: (if one or many of them werent fixed/improved with a kerner flash, then theres no need for one)
1- I want to unlock OC in the tablets GPU and if possible also CPU (not saying 8-core stuff,m just a regular OC on either stack of cores)
2- I cant get GLtools to work. i have the official 1.2.7 version but as some guy said in a N3-related thread, samsungs kernels dont go well with it
2/a- Both portal and hl2 seem to require GLtools to run, which means we either need a way to go around that, or well... fix the incompatibility
And lastly (3), ive been trying to get dolphin(emulator) to work faster, but i cant seem to get it quite right. If you could somehow tell to your CPU to use the right stack for it, performance would improve a whole lot (possibly from 1.3Ghz with the A7 to 2.1Ghz with an OCed A15... hell that would be a lot faster)

Thanks in advance for any kind of help here. Even if we cant get this stuff done on the P600, any info on them for the rest of the note10.12014edit-community would be great i guess.

PS: you can buy portal and hl2 as i did, but you cant get them to download in your tablet yet. GLtools and messing with a couple .smth seems to fix that, but without GLtools you cant get portal to actually work past valves logo.

mattyp92
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you have the P600 running kk, you can flash xluco's kernel with TWRP in order to OC.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Devices:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Safestrapped Hyperdrive RLS14
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Stock Rooted (RIP )
The Following User Says Thank You to mattyp92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]