Default [Q] Broken digitizer on my rooted S4

So, the other day my phone fell about four 3.5 feet down on its back. I pick it up and find a small crack on the screen, oops, but I can live with that... I hit the home button and my screen flickers... I had my girlfriend call me and the phone reacted normal with the exception of the screen being broken, I was even able to swipe and answer the call and talk to her. I figure out that my digitizer was broken. I have insurance on my phone however my phone is rooted on MDK. "Why not upgrade?" you may ask, well I have been contract free since May of 13 and bought this phone outright to keep my unlimited data. So, I purchased a digitizer replacement on Amazon and during the process I broke one of the antenna (the one on the left side when looking at the exposed back) I didn't think much of it as I can order that part as well. Once I have the the new digitizer in place I go ahead and put the phone back together. Well, when I power on my phone the screen still doesn't turn on. AHHHH, I'm assuming my only option is to install the original broken screen and attempt to go through Verizon to replace my phone. I really don't know what else I can do as I spent $200 to buy the new screen/digitizer and that didn't work. Please let me know if I have other options.