Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help Please re: flashing 4.4.2 on note 3

OP maximus81

19th June 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi Guys, I am fairly new to flashing and rooting. Have successfully done on my Galaxy S5 and now trying on my Note 3 - N9005. I tried flashing a latest 4.4 rom - Echoe rom and it got stuck in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Logo. Now i have flashed stock rom (Australian Vodafone) running 4.3. My question is since i am trying to flash a 4.4.2 rom, do i need to do anything specific or just flash TWRP and install a custom rom? i noticed there were 2 versions of TWRP one ofr 4.3 and one for 4.4. I am confused as to since i am on 4.3 version do I flash TWRP 4.3 version? or since i am looking to flash 4.4 rom should i install TWRP 4.4 at first place?
19th June 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 354

781 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus81

Hi Guys, I am fairly new to flashing and rooting. Have successfully done on my Galaxy S5 and now trying on my Note 3 - N9005. I tried flashing a latest 4.4 rom - Echoe rom and it got stuck in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Logo. Now i have flashed stock rom (Australian Vodafone) running 4.3. My question is since i am trying to flash a 4.4.2 rom, do i need to do anything specific or just flash TWRP and install a custom rom? i noticed there were 2 versions of TWRP one ofr 4.3 and one for 4.4. I am confused as to since i am on 4.3 version do I flash TWRP 4.3 version? or since i am looking to flash 4.4 rom should i install TWRP 4.4 at first place?

you need 4.4 twrp. It should be 2.7.1 I think. you also need to me sure the Rom is compatible with your phone.

Swyped from the next galaxy...
19th June 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danon.brown

you need 4.4 twrp. It should be 2.7.1 I think. you also need to me sure the Rom is compatible with your phone.

Swyped from the next galaxy...

During my first try, i had TWRP for 4.3, which allowed me to flash Echoe Rom based on 4.4 (latest version) for N9005, it even showed me success notification but it never booted past Samsung logo. I then flashed TWRP 4.4 version, but it then wouldn't boot in recovery. i reflashed TWRP 4.3 version and as last resort i had to flash stock firmware.

I will now flash TWRP 4.4 version at first instance and try flashing a rom again. maybe will try a different rom. Thanks for your suggestion
19th June 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 262

288 posts
More
This should be in Q and A don't be surprised if this thread gets closed ..

Sent from my proudly e-fused 0x1 N900P.
19th June 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:

During my first try, i had TWRP for 4.3, which allowed me to flash Echoe Rom based on 4.4 (latest version) for N9005, it even showed me success notification but it never booted past Samsung logo. I then flashed TWRP 4.4 version, but it then wouldn't boot in recovery. i reflashed TWRP 4.3 version and as last resort i had to flash stock firmware.

I will now flash TWRP 4.4 version at first instance and try flashing a rom again. maybe will try a different rom. Thanks for your suggestion

hello there.
u were sayin u r on 4.3 JB rom.
ur device is N9005 international 32gb right?

let me tell u 1 thing which is a good thing to remember.
4.4 rom will need a 4.4 bootloader.
since u r on 4.3, u must be on 4.3 bootloader which is incompatible with 4.4 rom. flashing twrp for kitkat won't help.

steps that u need to take (easiest) :
1. download 4.4.2 stock firmware.
2. flash with odin v3.09
3. root with cf autoroot (download the KK version)
3. flash custom recovery for KK version (twrp/cwm/ philz). I personally prefer cwm as it has give me less trouble for any custom rom.
4. u can flash any 4.4.2 custom rom now.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
19th June 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

hello there.
u were sayin u r on 4.3 JB rom.
ur device is N9005 international 32gb right?

let me tell u 1 thing which is a good thing to remember.
4.4 rom will need a 4.4 bootloader.
since u r on 4.3, u must be on 4.3 bootloader which is incompatible with 4.4 rom. flashing twrp for kitkat won't help.

steps that u need to take (easiest) :
1. download 4.4.2 stock firmware.
2. flash with odin v3.09
3. root with cf autoroot (download the KK version)
3. flash custom recovery for KK version (twrp/cwm/ philz). I personally prefer cwm as it has give me less trouble for any custom rom.
4. u can flash any 4.4.2 custom rom now.

THANK YOU!!! This makes lot of sense. I will upgrade to KK first, then custom recovery and then rom. One question? 4.4 is not yet available for my carrier in Australia. can I download and install the Poland version that is floating around internet. Or would you recommend some other.
19th June 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:

THANK YOU!!! This makes lot of sense. I will upgrade to KK first, then custom recovery and then rom. One question? 4.4 is not yet available for my carrier in Australia. can I download and install the Poland version that is floating around internet. Or would you recommend some other.

check ur device model.
if it is n9005 international 32 gb then u can use any.
I prefer UK firmware (BTU).
do read first on how to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4 before u do.
good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread