Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,492 Members 52,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with Softbricked One.

Tip us?

kramlar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with Softbricked One.

Hey everyone. I've had a look on the forums but can't seem to find information relevant to my situation, so I'm hoping you'll all be able to help.

A few years ago I rooted my HTC Sensation (Xe) (and have since moved on to Sony's, non rooted) and have a friends HTC One that she was given.
When she was given the phone, it had Cm10 (possibly 11) and was not locked to her network. No problem, i thought. I'll just stick a new Sense Rom on it and that'll be fine (as i used to do with my XE).

I did that, went through the trusty Aroma installer where it warned me that Doing so may lose root, but i still proceeded .

Since installing that , the phone now just bootloops, there seems to be no recovery on there to boot from. I've tried dicking about with the ADB settings and Fastboot but can't get the phone to connect to my computer.
I think that once I've got recovery on there i should be able to change the CID and then put an unlocked, stock Rom on there.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing. Sorry if i missed this information posted elsewhere!

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramlar View Post
Hey everyone. I've had a look on the forums but can't seem to find information relevant to my situation, so I'm hoping you'll all be able to help.

A few years ago I rooted my HTC Sensation (Xe) (and have since moved on to Sony's, non rooted) and have a friends HTC One that she was given.
When she was given the phone, it had Cm10 (possibly 11) and was not locked to her network. No problem, i thought. I'll just stick a new Sense Rom on it and that'll be fine (as i used to do with my XE).

I did that, went through the trusty Aroma installer where it warned me that Doing so may lose root, but i still proceeded .

Since installing that , the phone now just bootloops, there seems to be no recovery on there to boot from. I've tried dicking about with the ADB settings and Fastboot but can't get the phone to connect to my computer.
I think that once I've got recovery on there i should be able to change the CID and then put an unlocked, stock Rom on there.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing. Sorry if i missed this information posted elsewhere!
Try this to get out of the bootloop. "To perform a hard reset, hold down the power button for 10 seconds - in the process you'll see the softkeys start blinking, then it should reset. As soon as it starts to reset, release power, and hold down the volume-down button - hold it until hboot pops up (white screen, colored text)." Once in the bootloader screen, you should be able to hook up to your computer using the fastboot commands in a command window.

kramlar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for replying, unfortunately I can't seem to get the phone and my windows 8 computer to talk.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Thanks for replying, unfortunately I can't seem to get the phone and my windows 8 computer to talk.

Have you tried this thread [FIX][Win 8.1][NEW INSTRUCTIONS & WORKING DRIVERS][APR-11] Fastboot on AMD PCs by @dd98?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:

well if your phone hboot is 1.44 you will not be able to connect it using win 8, you'll need either win 7 or linux.

can you post a screenshot of your bootloader screen

also what rom and version # have you flashed and what recovery and version are you using?
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

kramlar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
well if your phone hboot is 1.44 you will not be able to connect it using win 8, you'll need either win 7 or linux.

can you post a screenshot of your bootloader screen

also what rom and version # have you flashed and what recovery and version are you using?
Can't upload a screenshot as I'm too new, but the hboot is 1.54 0000
CID 11111111
Radio -4a. 13. 3231. 27
Open DSP -v26. 120. 274. 0202
OS-2.25. 401.1
eMMC- Boot 2048mb
Jun 22 2013

Is there anything amiss about my Hboot number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post

I've tried that, in all honesty it didn't occur to me that Win 8 (8.1) wouldn't work. It didn't work. My Sony Vaio Pro 13 doesn't have a lot of AMD in it (i dont think) and i couldn't get it to work. I'm pretty close to just going "ahhh F-it" and putting Ubuntu on here to try that.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:
Can't upload a screenshot as I'm too new, but the hboot is 1.54 0000
CID 11111111
Radio -4a. 13. 3231. 27
Open DSP -v26. 120. 274. 0202
OS-2.25. 401.1
eMMC- Boot 2048mb
Jun 22 2013

Is there anything amiss about my Hboot number?

I've tried that, in all honesty it didn't occur to me that Win 8 (8.1) wouldn't work. It didn't work. My Sony Vaio Pro 13 doesn't have a lot of AMD in it (i dont think) and i couldn't get it to work. I'm pretty close to just going "ahhh F-it" and putting Ubuntu on here to try that.

Thanks for your help so far guys.
what rom and version # have you flashed and what recovery and version are you using?

Btw you can use linux (ubuntu) without installing it (with a live cd). use ubuntu 12.04 32 bit.

kramlar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The phone did have Clockwork Mod Touch on it and i tried installing KitKat (Android 4.4.2 + HTC Sense 6.0) - Android Revolution 71.1

I love that Linux doesn't need fully installing to run.

So, i have Linux available. I need to use adb and fastboot to put the recovery software back on there(is that correct?), as since i got it all it's been saying (since installing Android Revolution) is 'Entering Recovery' where it flashes with the little clockwork mod icon for half a second and then resets.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:
The phone did have Clockwork Mod Touch on it and i tried installing KitKat (Android 4.4.2 + HTC Sense 6.0) - Android Revolution 71.1

I love that Linux doesn't need fully installing to run.

So, i have Linux available. I need to use adb and fastboot to put the recovery software back on there(is that correct?), as since i got it all it's been saying (since installing Android Revolution) is 'Entering Recovery' where it flashes with the little clockwork mod icon for half a second and then resets.
flash arhd using TWRP 2.6.3.3 not clockworkmod recovery

flash twrp recovery:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
then in twrp menu select ''install'' and chose your rom.zip (arhd)
if the rom was deleted from /sdcard use adb push
i.e:
Code:
adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard/

The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kramlar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
flash arhd using TWRP 2.6.3.3 not clockworkmod recovery

flash twrp recovery:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
then in twrp menu select ''install'' and chose your rom.zip (arhd)
if the rom was deleted from /sdcard use adb push
i.e:
Code:
adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard/

Worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help!