Get Note 3 or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

red321red321

Oct 28, 2013
I have a Note 2 now and can upgrade. Should I get a Note 3 now or wait a few months for the Note 4 or iPhone 6. One thing I don't like about Android now is how the Kitkat updates are killing battery life and all. Especially the issues with Google Play service and indexservice killing battery life. Both of these have happened to people I know. Strongly considering going to iOS.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
I have a Note 2 now and can upgrade. Should I get a Note 3 now or wait a few months for the Note 4 or iPhone 6. One thing I don't like about Android now is how the Kitkat updates are killing battery life and all. Especially the issues with Google Play service and indexservice killing battery life. Both of these have happened to people I know. Strongly considering going to iOS.

I would honestly skip the Note 3 for now. The Note 2 isn't much of a downgrade from the Note 3. I'd honestly wait for newer phones or go for the LG G3 or something like that.

Reactions: red321red321

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
I would wait as well. I wish I never tried a Samsung phone. I hate TouchWiz and the antennas are subpar compared to my previous HTC phone and Motorola .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
I would wait as well. I wish I never tried a Samsung phone. I hate TouchWiz and the antennas are subpar compared to my previous HTC phone and Motorola .

Actually the N2 had awesome signal...just as good as any Motorola. Every other Samsung device GS1, GS3, N3 have had much worse signal sensitivity. That being said I would hold off on the N3. It's a nice phone, but not that much
better then the N2.

zeuswsu

Sep 18, 2009
As someone who upgraded from the note 2 to the 3 a couple of months ago, I would hold off for the iPhone or note 4 like others are saying.

platinumyahoo

May 15, 2009
im gonna have to disagree with everyone here and say the note 3 is a huge upgrade from the note 2. I had the s3, note 2 then s4 and now note 3 and this is the first phone i have ever had that dosen't feel like it'll be obsolete anytime soon. not only are the specifications still amazing ( i love the 3GB of ram) but the shape and size of the phone is perfect. its so thin and flat and the screen looks way better than the note 2. not just because the resolution is better but it feels like the colors pop more and not as flushed out as the note 2. Its not worth using your upgrade now because the note 4 is around the corner. but I promise the note 3 is better than the iphone 6 (or 8?) will ever be. If you can pick up a used one for cheap its definitely a worthy upgrade from the note 2. development is picking up for our verizon device too specifically the leaked NC2 bootloader which has a possibility of a "kexec" kernel workaround that I have faith beans, hashcode and other developers are working on.

jimmiem

Dec 7, 2008
I'm glad I upgraded now. The time that passed with no root for the S5 swayed me to get the Note 3. I'm glad that root was achieved for KK but it wasn't when I made my purchase. I wasn't going to take chances; instead I chose to buy before the retail shelves were stocked with KK. The Note 4 is going to be locked down even tighter.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
There are stickies at the top of this section and your Note 2 section to discuss upgrading
Thanks
FNSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would honestly skip the Note 3 for now. The Note 2 isn't much of a downgrade from the Note 3. I'd honestly wait for newer phones or go for the LG G3 or something like that.

Actually the N2 had awesome signal...just as good as any Motorola. Every other Samsung device GS1, GS3, N3 have had much worse signal sensitivity. That being said I would hold off on the N3. It's a nice phone, but not that much
    better then the N2.
    im gonna have to disagree with everyone here and say the note 3 is a huge upgrade from the note 2. I had the s3, note 2 then s4 and now note 3 and this is the first phone i have ever had that dosen't feel like it'll be obsolete anytime soon. not only are the specifications still amazing ( i love the 3GB of ram) but the shape and size of the phone is perfect. its so thin and flat and the screen looks way better than the note 2. not just because the resolution is better but it feels like the colors pop more and not as flushed out as the note 2. Its not worth using your upgrade now because the note 4 is around the corner. but I promise the note 3 is better than the iphone 6 (or 8?) will ever be. If you can pick up a used one for cheap its definitely a worthy upgrade from the note 2. development is picking up for our verizon device too specifically the leaked NC2 bootloader which has a possibility of a "kexec" kernel workaround that I have faith beans, hashcode and other developers are working on.
    I'm glad I upgraded now. The time that passed with no root for the S5 swayed me to get the Note 3. I'm glad that root was achieved for KK but it wasn't when I made my purchase. I wasn't going to take chances; instead I chose to buy before the retail shelves were stocked with KK. The Note 4 is going to be locked down even tighter.