This tool is experimental and may not work on your ROM/partition layout/kernel. Please, make a backup or be prepared to roll back to a working state somehow. You are using this tool on your own responsibility. You have been warned!
If anything goes wrong, flashing another kernel that was working for you before should return your device to a working state.
I will remove this warning once the tool is properly tested.
This is a recovery tool primarily made for kernel/ROM developers, but anyone is welcome to use it, provided he knows what to do. It was made to enable kernel developers to have a single .zip with the kernel which will work on all partition layouts like All-F2FS, Data-F2FS and All-EXT4 (the standard layout).
It takes a boot.img, unpacks it during the installation, finds out what partition layout is used on the device, changes the fstab in the ramdisk accordingly, repacks the boot.img and flashes it.
Instructions for kernel/ROM developers/flashaholics who wish to incorporate this tool:
0. Make sure your kernel is compiled with F2FS drivers.
1. Download agnostic-kernel-template.zip
2. Change the boot.img in the .zip to your boot.img.
3. OPTIONAL: change the fstab files in fstab/ folder to fstabs you wish to use.
4. OPTIONAL: change the updater-script to print any additional messages or make modifications to the kernel after flashing.
Instructions for users who wish to try this tool:
1. Choose one of the prepacked kernels you wish to install and download it.
2. Install it via recovery.
Currently supported partition layouts:
It supports only these layouts because I am not aware of any other widely used ones. If you want to add support for some other layout, feel free to do so or contact me.
- All-EXT4 (original) - /system, /cache, /data on EXT4
- Data-F2FS - /system, /cache on EXT4, /data on F2FS
- All-F2FS - /system, /cache, /data on F2FS
Kernel from SlimROM by @legolas93
3.2.5-XPerience-18 by @TeamMex
Empty template for devs:
If you wish to incorporate or modify this tool, please, mention me somewhere, thanks
- Android Image Kitchen - @osm0sis - this wouldn't be possible without him
- F2FS Recovery - @legolas93
- Kernels on which I tested - @TeamMex & @legolas93
- Recovery magic - @Chainfire & @_that
- Answers to a lot of my problems - forum.xda-developers.com community
- Partition layout checking, scripting - @frantisek.nesveda