Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any other way to update?

Tip us?
 
Notwo22
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] Any other way to update?

I have been waiting since Last month to receive kit Kat, but it won't just come.

Updating via odin will void warranty.

OTA and lies will never come .

I'd there any other way I can go to stock 4.4 Without voiding warranty?
 
lightman33
Old
#2  
lightman33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 171
Join Date: Dec 2007
Flashing with odin will not void your warranty anf knox will not be stripped.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
Actual phone : Nexus 5 16Go Red (old phone : Samsung Galaxy SIII)
Actual tablet : Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P600 stock rooted with xposed modules (old tablet : Samsung Galaxy Tab P7510)
 
Notwo22
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Default literally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightman33 View Post
Flashing with odin will not void your warranty anf knox will not be stripped.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
From everywhere I have been told thant it will void warranty.
 
lightman33
Old
#4  
lightman33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 171
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notwo22 View Post
From everywhere I have been told thant it will void warranty.
Only if you flash a custom rom or recovery or root.
Flashing official samsung roms will not trip knox.


Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
Actual phone : Nexus 5 16Go Red (old phone : Samsung Galaxy SIII)
Actual tablet : Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P600 stock rooted with xposed modules (old tablet : Samsung Galaxy Tab P7510)
 
Notwo22
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Default But

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightman33 View Post
Only if you flash a custom rom or recovery or root.
Flashing official samsung roms will not trip knox.


Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
What if my csc changes?

My warranty is null and void.
 
Rupar4o
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 23
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sofia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notwo22 View Post
I have been waiting since Last month to receive kit Kat, but it won't just come.

Updating via odin will void warranty.

OTA and lies will never come .

I'd there any other way I can go to stock 4.4 Without voiding warranty?

Yea I am waiting for update too. I don't want to update it via odin too. I just don't have the time to read how to do it.
 
sphuyal
Old
#7  
sphuyal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 133
Posts: 732
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: OSLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notwo22 View Post
What if my csc changes?

My warranty is null and void.
Odin firmware and nothing won't happen. You trigger knox only if you flash custom recovery!
Never underestimate the power of reboot!!
I share what i know, you try that out at your own risk. Do not come back crying if something goes wrong!!

Thread Tools
Display Modes