Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any available phone that doesn't void warranty if you root it?

Tip us?

nfsmw_gr
Old
(Last edited by nfsmw_gr; 18th June 2014 at 10:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 680
Question [Q] Any available phone that doesn't void warranty if you root it?

Hi.
After having a ****ty customer experience with my S4, I decided to look elsewhere for a new phone.
I am definitely interested of rooting the phone I'll buy to debloat it and customize it to my needs, so to cut to the chase...
Do you know any manufacturer who's phones can be rooted without having warranty issues afterwards? I mean after flashing stock firmware, unrooting the device etc.
Thank you!

P.S. Developer edition phones are excluded because we don't have those in Greece.
Only phones from this site can be bought:

https://www.skroutz.gr/c/40/kinhta-t...2/Android.html

Press thanks if i've helped you!
It's not much,but it does matter to me.

Anyone plays FIFA 13 on Origin?
Add me so we can play a game!
(nfsmw_gr just like here)

Devices:Nokia 3310-->Nokia 5210-->Nokia 3410-->Motorola V535-->Sony K750i-->Sony W660i-->Nokia 5320-->Sony W595i-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Huawei Ideos X5-->Nokia X2-->Sony Spiro-->Sony Live With Walkman-->Vodafone Joy(Huawei 845)-->Sony Xperia PLAY-->Sony Z550i(temp)-->Samsung Galaxy SIII(Awesome phone!)-->Samsung Galaxy S4

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr View Post
Hi.
After having a ****ty customer experience with my S4, I decided to look elsewhere for a new phone.
I am definitely interested of rooting the phone I'll buy to debloat it and customize it to my needs, so to cut to the chase...
Do you know any manufacturer who's phones can be rooted without having warranty issues afterwards? I mean after flashing stock firmware, unrooting the device etc.
Thank you!

P.S. Developer edition phones are excluded because we don't have those in Greece.

Nope. All companies pretty much have the same warranty. Rooted= out of warranty

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."
The Following User Says Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BotFly
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr View Post
Hi.
Thank you!

With proper research and experience you'll find that just about any premium device (HTC One, etc) that can be rooted can be returned to stock for warranty issues. Be careful, take your time, read read read, ask questions have fun and you'll be fine!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to BotFly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nfsmw_gr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotFly View Post
With proper research and experience you'll find that just about any premium device (HTC One, etc) that can be rooted can be returned to stock for warranty issues. Be careful, take your time, read read read, ask questions have fun and you'll be fine!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
Will do. Thank you!

Press thanks if i've helped you!
It's not much,but it does matter to me.

Anyone plays FIFA 13 on Origin?
Add me so we can play a game!
(nfsmw_gr just like here)

Devices:Nokia 3310-->Nokia 5210-->Nokia 3410-->Motorola V535-->Sony K750i-->Sony W660i-->Nokia 5320-->Sony W595i-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Huawei Ideos X5-->Nokia X2-->Sony Spiro-->Sony Live With Walkman-->Vodafone Joy(Huawei 845)-->Sony Xperia PLAY-->Sony Z550i(temp)-->Samsung Galaxy SIII(Awesome phone!)-->Samsung Galaxy S4