Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any available phone that doesn't void warranty if you root it?

OP nfsmw_gr

18th June 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 692

1,481 posts
More
Hi.
After having a ****ty customer experience with my S4, I decided to look elsewhere for a new phone.
I am definitely interested of rooting the phone I'll buy to debloat it and customize it to my needs, so to cut to the chase...
Do you know any manufacturer who's phones can be rooted without having warranty issues afterwards? I mean after flashing stock firmware, unrooting the device etc.
Thank you!

P.S. Developer edition phones are excluded because we don't have those in Greece.
Only phones from this site can be bought:

https://www.skroutz.gr/c/40/kinhta-t...2/Android.html
Last edited by nfsmw_gr; 18th June 2014 at 11:42 AM.
19th June 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 804

4,159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

Hi.
After having a ****ty customer experience with my S4, I decided to look elsewhere for a new phone.
I am definitely interested of rooting the phone I'll buy to debloat it and customize it to my needs, so to cut to the chase...
Do you know any manufacturer who's phones can be rooted without having warranty issues afterwards? I mean after flashing stock firmware, unrooting the device etc.
Thank you!

P.S. Developer edition phones are excluded because we don't have those in Greece.

Nope. All companies pretty much have the same warranty. Rooted= out of warranty

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 52

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

Hi.
Thank you!

With proper research and experience you'll find that just about any premium device (HTC One, etc) that can be rooted can be returned to stock for warranty issues. Be careful, take your time, read read read, ask questions have fun and you'll be fine!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to BotFly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 692

1,481 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotFly

With proper research and experience you'll find that just about any premium device (HTC One, etc) that can be rooted can be returned to stock for warranty issues. Be careful, take your time, read read read, ask questions have fun and you'll be fine!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Will do. Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread