Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP??

Tip us?

ItsBryanTho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] TWRP??

I've got root, but I don't have a recovery. I'm using odin3 and all boxes are checked right on there. My phone has dev mode so settings are set according. With odin I get an error half way though the process of flashing TWRP denies permission, no idea why. I followed the threads on here, it's a verizon variant.

Misterxtc
Old
(Last edited by Misterxtc; 19th June 2014 at 12:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBryanTho View Post
I've got root, but I don't have a recovery. I'm using odin3 and all boxes are checked right on there. My phone has dev mode so settings are set according. With odin I get an error half way though the process of flashing TWRP denies permission, no idea why. I followed the threads on here, it's a verizon variant.
You can not flash a recovery with the retail variant because the bootloader isn't unlocked. Dev mode is not the same as developer edition, those have a unlocked bootloader and the retail dose not. You will need to go back to stock, re-root and start from scratch. Go here and follow the instructions to get your phone back to normal if you messed the stock recovery up and can not boot normally. These are for the retail Verizon S5 only.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ItsBryanTho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ohh I don't know what I was thinking, and thanks for the link but I didn't hurt anything lol thankfully. Well I guess I'll just wait for someone to unlock it haha

Sent from my rooted S5