Read This First! --- Development Rules
I know we all have busy lives and don't have time to go through a list of long winded rules, so here's a shortened version to make your life easier
- Only the following topics are allowed in DEVELOPMENT area:
[DEV] - Development for any special projects or Apps
[ROM] - Custom ROMs
[KERNEL] - Custom Kernels
[MOD] - Hack & Modifications for the phone
[FIX] - Fixes for known issues & bugs
[R&D] - Research & Development for Devs only, when gathering data for a new projects
[HOWTO] / [GUIDE] - How to instructions and Guides
Note: If you are unsure where your new topic should go, then please post it to General
- Please Include Screen Shots for ROM / MOD / THEME / Apps & Games, when possible as it's expected by our members
- DEV Support for ROM / KERNEL / MOD / THEME must be provided within XDA thread posted by the Developer, otherwise it won't count as a Development, and in turn it'll be considered [INFO]rmation / [REF]erence and moved to General
- Unmodified Stock ROM and Source Codes does not count as a DEVELOPMENT project unless it's part of an active project you have already started
- Password must be provided for all password protected files
- Direct download links preferred, due to stipulations stated in forum rule #11
11. Donít post with the intention of selling something.
- Donít use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
- Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless youíre posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
- Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
- Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
- Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
- Extra emphasis on rule #12
12. Using the work of others.
If you are developing something that is based on the work of another Member, you MUST first seek their permission, and you must give credit to the member whose work you used. If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum. If this fails then you may contact a moderator with clear evidence that the work was created by you.
Convincing evidence will result in copied work being removed. If there is no clear evidence you created the work then in the spirit of sharing all work will remain posted on the forums.
These rules apply to all software posted on XDA unless that software comes with a license that waives these rules.
- All ROM / MOD / DEV / etc... found in the DEV section not created by the DEV themselves does not qualify as a development, and it'll be moved to General, it should be properly tag as [INFO] or [REF], with links to the source website were it was found
- Please keep all non Development relevant chatter off the DEV project topics, feel free to create a new topic in General for non Development comments about specific ROM / MOD / THEME / etc... valid replies within a DEV project are: BUG Reports, Problem, Troubleshooting Steps & Logs.
- ... and Please! keep all your personal bickering via PMs, do not pollute the forum with your personal in-differences.
If you have a problem with a specific member please contact the Moderators for help, that's what we're here for, but we are not babysitters, we are here to gather, organize and provide useful information for our over priced phones
...for additional details please read the full Forum & Marketplace Rules
Thanks for your cooperation
Your Moderation Team
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.