Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] xperia z1 annoying software keys!!!

Tip us?

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
"CpuTemp in Statusbar" by @m11kkaa That's a xposed module. Love it.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

gandalf_grey91
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
I'm using gravitybox to hide the softkeys forever and the LMT launcher to use the softkeys without wasting space. That's just like PIE, but all you need is root. You should give it a try. That's how it looks like.
Way better. The entire screen is for you.
Wow, thanks. That looks great but you are going to have to be more specific as to how I gain back the screen space. I have enabled expanded desktop in gravity box but it has about 7 options, immersive, semi-immersive, immersive status bar, immersive navigation bar etc. Tried the "hide navigation bar" option but it doesn't gain back any screen space, like immersive mode, it just removes the navigation bar with no other effect.

It would save us time, battery and about 5 reboots, if you could give us a clue as to which option to choose.
Sony Xperia Z1 running heavily customised Stock KitKat 4.4.4 (14.4.A.0.108)
Motorola Atrix (x2) running Nottachtrix 1.3.1 (DeBlur-ed, running Ubuntop v.1.1.1) and Neutrino 3.02
HTC Incredible S running VivoKat (ART)
Sony Xperia SP (LTE) (x2) both running heavily customised stock ROM (4.3/4.2.2)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running CM11
Nook HD+ running dual boot (CM11 (ART) / Stock 2.2.0)
HTC Desire running RSK ORIOLA Xperia Z 3.0 (CM10)
ZTE Skate running CM10
ZTE Blade running CM10

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
Remove the navigation bar then and use LMT instead of using the navbar.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014
The Following User Says Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealiableCandy4
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijear View Post
hi
I just wondered can you possibly hide xperia z1 soft key in games without any alternative apps!!
just like the lg g2's hide front touch buttons?? it just simply hide your soft keys and when you want it to appear you just need to swipe up..!!!!
it's in the system, I saw GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys ★ root but it has a LOT of options and that kind of stuff, I just need my soft keys to hide while playing games, or anything like that...!!!
Get xposed then GravityBox (GB) module
In GB go to "display tweaks" then enable "Expanded desktop mode"
Go back to GB main menu then go to "Navigation keys actions" and set one of the soft keys to enable expanded desktop when you double tap or press and hold it.

For me i set recent key to expanded desktop when I press and hold it.

yup owns Z1 and stuff. Also if I've helped you don't forget to hit THANKS - actions speak louder that words.

gandalf_grey91
Old
(Last edited by gandalf_grey91; 31st May 2014 at 08:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Remove the navigation bar then and use LMT instead of using the navbar.
Thanks, I know about LMT launcher, I love LMT launcher. I have been using it on every phone I have owned since 2011. I added it to both my mums and dads phone as well. I have tried the first option in GravityBox to remove the navigation bar ("hide navigation bar") in the display options for expanded desktop but it just leaves a blank space at the bottom of the screen. Thanks for the heads up on GravityBox, when I get some time and a fully charged battery, I will see if I can make my homescreen look like your screenshot.
Motorola Atrix (x2) running Nottachtrix 1.3.1 (DeBlur-ed, running Ubuntop v.1.1.1) and Neutrino 3.02
ZTE Skate running CM10
ZTE Blade running CM10

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf_grey91 View Post
Thanks, I know about LMT launcher, I love LMT launcher. I have been using it on every phone I have owned since 2011. I added it to both my mums and dads phone as well. I have tried the first option in GravityBox to remove the navigation bar ("hide navigation bar") in the display options for expanded desktop but it just leaves a blank space at the bottom of the screen. Thanks for the heads up on GravityBox, when I get some time and a fully charged battery, I will see if I can make my homescreen look like your screenshot.
That's the only issue with this. You can't do anything about the stock home screen unless you mod it. I got used to it. At last you get everything else on full screen
Everything's fine on other launchers, but you can't use Sony widgets :P

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The Following User Says Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gandalf_grey91
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
That's the only issue with this. You can't do anything about the stock home screen unless you mod it. I got used to it. At last you get everything else on full screen
Everything's fine on other launchers, but you can't use Sony widgets :P
Nice one, you've got it. I never thought of that. It is the Z1 launcher that is not allowing to gain back the space will in expanded desktop mode.
Tried the modded advanced xperia z launcher but it just force closes constantly so am using Nova launcher for the moment. But as you pointed out I lose all the Sony apps. Know of any other modded/advanced sony launchers I can try that would give me the extra screen space and not FC?
ZTE Skate running CM10
ZTE Blade running CM10

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
I asked one developer of the Sony Home app here at xda, but still nothing

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
Just removed that gap if you're using 0dpi navbar. Grab it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53518190