Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted am I screwed on warranty?

Tip us?

wraptor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Rooted am I screwed on warranty?

I sent my phone in to Samsung for warranty work (charging port broke) but they wouldn't fixed it because it was rooted. Am I screwed here or can I just unroot and resend it in (and maybe argue with them)?

tonyevo52
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraptor View Post
I sent my phone in to Samsung for warranty work (charging port broke) but they wouldn't fixed it because it was rooted. Am I screwed here or can I just unroot and resend it in (and maybe argue with them)?
Don't know about Samsung, but you might be able to contact sprint and have them send a new phone, they might cover it. Samsung will look to see if Knox is tripped but from what I have read from people, more positive than not, sprint could care less if your phone is rooted. To be on the safe side, I would restore to stock if they say you can send it in.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,470

DONATE TO ME
Moved to Q&A. General consensus is Sprint might give some trouble, Asurion claims generally have not.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Donations: Please click on the "Donate to Me" on the left to donate to my Extra Life 2014 campaign.
All proceeds go to the Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)