Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 49,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted am I screwed on warranty?

Tip us?

wraptor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Rooted am I screwed on warranty?

I sent my phone in to Samsung for warranty work (charging port broke) but they wouldn't fixed it because it was rooted. Am I screwed here or can I just unroot and resend it in (and maybe argue with them)?

tonyevo52
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraptor View Post
I sent my phone in to Samsung for warranty work (charging port broke) but they wouldn't fixed it because it was rooted. Am I screwed here or can I just unroot and resend it in (and maybe argue with them)?
Don't know about Samsung, but you might be able to contact sprint and have them send a new phone, they might cover it. Samsung will look to see if Knox is tripped but from what I have read from people, more positive than not, sprint could care less if your phone is rooted. To be on the safe side, I would restore to stock if they say you can send it in.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7384

DONATE TO ME
Moved to Q&A. General consensus is Sprint might give some trouble, Asurion claims generally have not.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)