No registration required

4.4 is available for the SM-P600 in Spain

OP BarryH_GEG

10th May 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nKyb

Can someone confirm if this version comes with multiple user?

yes multiple user

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 con Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nik101968 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #12  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 38

82 posts
More
Thumbs up First impressions !!!
Hi everybody !!

I'm a lucky spanish owner of the P600 and I've installed kitkat this evening !!! I couldn't guess it would arrive so "early" to my country

I can confirm it comes with multiuser !!!! In fact it has two types of users: regular users and restricted users (where you can allow access app by app, very useful with kids).

New UI (apart from notification bar, multiwindow bar, recent apps and settings menu that are completely different not other major changes advised, but I'm using nova launcher).

I can not tell you something about battery life yet as it's too soon.

New gallery, new my files app, new samsung store, samsung link, group play, watchon, peel smart remote, scrapbook and maybe I'm missing something more but not so relevant.

It's absolutely smooth, but I hadn't complains about it in 4.3 as I was using nova launcher and still with few lag in lockscreen (exynos "feature") but much less than before for sure !!!

These are my first impressions. Surely I'm missing something but in general I think is a good update (only by the multiuser feature it is worth it !!).

Hope you find this useful
The Following User Says Thank You to osouto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #13  

4 posts
installed this morning on my SM-P600 . No Problem

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldRush98

It'll be interesting to see if Chromecast works and if Lockscreen widgets work...

No lockscreen widget, multiple widget switch is not present, I don't know about chromecast

The Following User Says Thank You to nik101968 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #14  

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sl22

There's nothing wrong with updating manually. You can find mirrors in my mirror thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719750

Call me boring but I really wanted to wait for the UK version thinking I'd give it a full wipe before installing 4.4. It would save me having to wipe my Note yet again and setup everything from scratch.

Do you think there will be any differences at all between the Spanish & UK version?
10th May 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #15  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 18

284 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naith32

Call me boring but I really wanted to wait for the UK version thinking I'd give it a full wipe before installing 4.4. It would save me having to wipe my Note yet again and setup everything from scratch.

Do you think there will be any differences at all between the Spanish & UK version?

There will be NO great differences between the Spanish and the UK verrsion, I suppose.

What I did:
- I had the Dutch, older version.
- I flashed the 4,4 VS KitKat version with Odin. All my own settings and my installed programs remained at my Note 600. I mean: nothing had disappeared.
- But yesterday I downloaded the Spanish version. Before I flashed it with Odin, I cleaned up my Note 600 by doing a full wipe and factory reset. (You can find it at your screen by clicking together the next tree buttons: home, volume up and power for about 15 seconds).
- After that I flashed the Spanish version.

I noticed that the Spanish version is almost the same as the VS KitKat version. That made me suppose that the UK version will be almost the same, too.By the way: later on you can flash the UK version with no problem over the Spanish version: you wil not lose any of four programs and other personal things.
Last edited by Timmy_01; 10th May 2014 at 10:09 AM.
10th May 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 31

125 posts
What about warranty? I suppose flashing a different firmware will change my csc so I will lose my warranty... Is that correct?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #17  
Flag South West UK
Thanks Meter: 96

854 posts
More
I'm curious now too. I'm SO fed up or waiting for 4.4 on the UK variant....but I don't want to do it if changing the csc voids the warranty. Surely as it doesn't trip KNOX you can just use ODIN to reflash the original firmware to correct the csc if something goes awry and needs a warranty repair?
19th June 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 31

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyuk

I'm curious now too. I'm SO fed up or waiting for 4.4 on the UK variant....but I don't want to do it if changing the csc voids the warranty. Surely as it doesn't trip KNOX you can just use ODIN to reflash the original firmware to correct the csc if something goes awry and needs a warranty repair?

Yesterday I flashed the Spain firmware on my Greek note. My csc remained unchanged (EUR).

The Following User Says Thank You to Lympe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
Question Doubts
I not quite understand if this update is official or not and if it has the same ui as samsung galaxy s5?
19th June 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #20  
Flag South West UK
Thanks Meter: 96

854 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lympe

Yesterday I flashed the Spain firmware on my Greek note. My csc remained unchanged (EUR).

Flashed the Spanish version on my UK tablet and it seems perfectly fine. Thanks!

Sadly it doesn't work with Towelroot, but that's another matter.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread