Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What's my next tablet?

Tip us?

johnciaccio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] What's my next tablet?

I am posting in here because this is the tablet I currently have. Loved it accept the screen colors rather sucked. But it is getting a bit old and I am tired of how heavy it is.

Besides it will continue its life with another family member,

So I am looking at above 8 inch but still on a budget (Under $300?). Would like a hd screen as this screen is getting a bit rough to look at next to my galaxy note 3.

I may just end up getting a nexus 7. The reviews say that's the one to get and I do not like the ugly design of the Nexus 10. Really like the look of the Kindle HDX. However no play store and a locked down device means not tinkering .

Anyways what do you guys suggest? Any experience with and 8 inch tab or help convince me about the Nexus 7.

PS: I am on a Verizon account so lte may be a bonus.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

votartheunsure
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default A500 replacement

I have the nexus 7 and quite like it. You might also consider either the Nook HD+ or Kindle HDX. N2A (nook to android) has boot roms for both devices that unlock them and boot a current version of Android. The current version is 4.4 Worth looking at, especially with the low prices on the Nook HD+ with B&N rethinking its tablet offerings.

I've used the N2A on one the earlier Nook color and had no problems with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnciaccio View Post
I am posting in here because this is the tablet I currently have. Loved it accept the screen colors rather sucked. But it is getting a bit old and I am tired of how heavy it is.

Besides it will continue its life with another family member,

So I am looking at above 8 inch but still on a budget (Under $300?). Would like a hd screen as this screen is getting a bit rough to look at next to my galaxy note 3.

I may just end up getting a nexus 7. The reviews say that's the one to get and I do not like the ugly design of the Nexus 10. Really like the look of the Kindle HDX. However no play store and a locked down device means not tinkering .

Anyways what do you guys suggest? Any experience with and 8 inch tab or help convince me about the Nexus 7.

PS: I am on a Verizon account so lte may be a bonus.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

johnciaccio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Ok. After a lot of consideration I ended up getting a Asus Transformer TF701. You can not beat it at $299! Great screen, runs a fairly bloat free vanilla version of Android.
Really like this tablet. Almost a shame it does not get the attention it deserves.

I think Asus would do better with it if they advertise. Plus I can get the keyboard docks later.

Thanks for the suggestions though.