Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 42,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OTA problems in xperia Z-ized rom

Tip us?

RazaVakil7995
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Post [Q] OTA problems in xperia Z-ized rom

I have the xperia z-ized v3.1 rom and I thought to update it from OTA. But when I try to update it closes and shows me a toast message saying invalid md5. Now I have downloaded the v3.4 manually from the OP in the thread and also the samsung keyboard. But do I have to wipe anything before flashing or can I flash directly?

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note 2

erljayp
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazaVakil7995 View Post
But do I have to wipe anything before flashing or can I flash directly?
I am not a user of the rom, but a common rule is that if there is a change in base, full wipe is highly recommended.
If it is just an update and not a change in base, then full wipe is still recommended but if you try to dirty flash and not come up with any problem, it's good.
I hope I helped...
The Following User Says Thank You to erljayp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RazaVakil7995
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erljayp View Post
I am not a user of the rom, but a common rule is that if there is a change in base, full wipe is highly recommended.
If it is just an update and not a change in base, then full wipe is still recommended but if you try to dirty flash and not come up with any problem, it's good.
I hope I helped...
I'm sorry but does full wipe mean wipe data/factory reset, cache partition and dalvik cache? And what does dirty flash mean? Sorry if I sound noob but I'm new to all these terms..

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note 2

erljayp
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazaVakil7995 View Post
I'm new to all these terms..
It's fine.
Full wipe: /data, /system, /cache, /dalvik-cache (optional: Internal storage)
Dirty flash is flashing an update over your current version without wiping /data
The Following User Says Thank You to erljayp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]