OP rbgCODE

19th June 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Newington
Thanks Meter: 12

79 posts
Donate to Me
More
So I found a page that claims they can send you an unlock code for your phone just by you sending your IMEI and it is for the modest price of 12.00, so I figured what did I have to lose.

I fill out the form and then once I am all set, I get an error saying sorry, you have a cdma Ultra which we can not unlock, only GSM phones are able to be unlocked via this method.

Why would their be a difference in the unlock method just because it uses different radios?
19th June 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #2  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,938

3,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgCODE

So I found a page that claims they can send you an unlock code for your phone just by you sending your IMEI and it is for the modest price of 12.00, so I figured what did I have to lose.

I fill out the form and then once I am all set, I get an error saying sorry, you have a cdma Ultra which we can not unlock, only GSM phones are able to be unlocked via this method.

Why would their be a difference in the unlock method just because it uses different radios?

There is no GSM Droid Ultra. My guess is you are trying to buy a SIM unlock which is unnecessary as the Ultra is not SIM locked to begin with.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cdma, gsm, ultra, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread