Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 52,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid Ultra GSM / CDMA differences?

Tip us?

rbgCODE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Droid Ultra GSM / CDMA differences?

So I found a page that claims they can send you an unlock code for your phone just by you sending your IMEI and it is for the modest price of 12.00, so I figured what did I have to lose.

I fill out the form and then once I am all set, I get an error saying sorry, you have a cdma Ultra which we can not unlock, only GSM phones are able to be unlocked via this method.

Why would their be a difference in the unlock method just because it uses different radios?

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1756
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgCODE View Post
So I found a page that claims they can send you an unlock code for your phone just by you sending your IMEI and it is for the modest price of 12.00, so I figured what did I have to lose.

I fill out the form and then once I am all set, I get an error saying sorry, you have a cdma Ultra which we can not unlock, only GSM phones are able to be unlocked via this method.

Why would their be a difference in the unlock method just because it uses different radios?
There is no GSM Droid Ultra. My guess is you are trying to buy a SIM unlock which is unnecessary as the Ultra is not SIM locked to begin with.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
Tags
cdma, gsm, ultra, unlock