Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,148 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[help] i have bricked my samsung galaxy s duos phone

Tip us?
 
cruelgrimz
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2014
Unhappy [help] i have bricked my samsung galaxy s duos phone

How it bricked:
I slept after charging mobile and slept next morning it stuck on samsung logo, i coulnd't get to recovery i think new updates did that.
What i did:
I tried to install stock rom but some error like this comes in phone
ODIN: Partition erase fail. MMC Boot: MBR Erase failed.
I downloaded this file S7562XXBMG2_S7562ODDBMG1_S7562DDBMG1_HOME.tar.md5 which was available in google drive.
I think i downloaded the wrong version i am from nepal and there is a rom for that too but due to server time limit i couldn't download the file if any can reupload in google driver or somewhere i can resume the download
Any help appreciate, i have to unbrick this phone
Help
 
andreiav
Old
#2  
andreiav's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruelgrimz View Post
How it bricked:
I slept after charging mobile and slept next morning it stuck on samsung logo, i coulnd't get to recovery i think new updates did that.
What i did:
I tried to install stock rom but some error like this comes in phone
ODIN: Partition erase fail. MMC Boot: MBR Erase failed.
I downloaded this file S7562XXBMG2_S7562ODDBMG1_S7562DDBMG1_HOME.tar.md5 which was available in google drive.
I think i downloaded the wrong version i am from nepal and there is a rom for that too but due to server time limit i couldn't download the file if any can reupload in google driver or somewhere i can resume the download
Any help appreciate, i have to unbrick this phone
Help
First of all you should try and download stock firmware from Sammobile. www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2
Enter your Model, Country and Carrier and download the latest firmware. Let us know if you can't.
Second, when flashing using Odin, make sure Re-Partition is NOT checked.

Hope this works
 
cruelgrimz
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2014
Yeah I did that too and still it shows partition error what do I do

Sent from my Micromax A72 using XDA Free mobile app
 
andreiav
Old
#4  
andreiav's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruelgrimz View Post
Yeah I did that too and still it shows partition error what do I do

Sent from my Micromax A72 using XDA Free mobile app
1. Make sure you use the original USB cable that came with your phone.

2. Try a different USB port.

3. Make sure Kies isn't running in the background.

4. Install the latest USB drivers.

5. Try the latest version of Odin (PDA button is replaced with AP button in the latest)

6. Make sure you run Odin as administrator.

If it still doesn't work please post the steps you are following.

And again, make sure you use firmware for your device, country and carrier from sammobile

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app
 
cruelgrimz
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2014
Still partition error in phone but in odin it show passed but while in odin process phone shows odin partition error
Sent from my Micromax A72 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to cruelgrimz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nhakobian
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 25
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Van Nuys, CA
It sounds like something you did corrupted or changed the partition structure of your phone. Unfortunately, there might not be anything you can do, unless you can find something that will re-write it.
 
cruelgrimz
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2014
Yeah I think its phone partitions problem so what should I do now cant I re write the partition

Sent from my Micromax A72 using XDA Free mobile app
 
hnkotnis
Old
#8  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 436
Posts: 998
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhakobian View Post
It sounds like something you did corrupted or changed the partition structure of your phone. Unfortunately, there might not be anything you can do, unless you can find something that will re-write it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruelgrimz View Post
Still partition error in phone but in odin it show passed but while in odin process phone shows odin partition error
Sent from my Micromax A72 using XDA Free mobile app
In case of corrupted partitions you need to flash repartitioning pit file.
Use it only if partitions are currupt.
Do not use it every time.

I once repaired my friends Galaxy y having error like your phone. But flashing repartitioning pit file solved it.

Search Google to find pit file.
Keywords :- pit file for <phone model>

Press Thanks if helped.

Sent from my GT-I9001 Gadget of Mass Destruction with CM11 using XDA Developers App.
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cruelgrimz
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2014
Some one reply me with some resumable link for this stock rom I couldn't download it in 3days straight torrent will be also good

Sent from my Micromax A72 using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more

Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more