Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

D800 Download Mode not working?

OP MichaelVeringo

19th June 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #1  
MichaelVeringo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Myrtle Beach
Thanks Meter: 25
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
I'm trying to restore to stock on my D800 and when I put my phone into download mode it gets this far and won't go any further. Doesn't install drivers on my Windows 7 computer either. I already installed the LG drivers. I'm currently running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 and I'm on TWRP 2.7.0.0 recovery. If I could just get some insight on why download mode isn't working that'd be great. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403151055892.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	2806255  
19th June 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #2  
_Dennis_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 370
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVeringo

I'm trying to restore to stock on my D800 and when I put my phone into download mode it gets this far and won't go any further. Doesn't install drivers on my Windows 7 computer either. I already installed the LG drivers. I'm currently running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 and I'm on TWRP 2.7.0.0 recovery. If I could just get some insight on why download mode isn't working that'd be great. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Had that too. Put it on charger for an hour or two and it went to download mode for me.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #3  
MichaelVeringo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Myrtle Beach
Thanks Meter: 25
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dennis_

Had that too. Put it on charger for an hour or two and it went to download mode for me.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

So wait, you left it plugged into your computer like that for an hour? And it worked?

Sent from my LG-D800
19th June 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #4  
_Dennis_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 370
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVeringo

So wait, you left it plugged into your computer like that for an hour? And it worked?

Sent from my LG-D800

Actually it was a car charger, was going to see if att could do something with it but when I pulled up to the store it was in the 'normal' download mode.

Edit: my guess is that download mode requires a certain battery level as it would possibly corrupt the flash memory severely if the power was shut off while flashing. But that is just a guess based on my phone being at a very low battery when I was stock in a fastboot loop. That is when the download mode was stock like yours.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Last edited by _Dennis_; 19th June 2014 at 06:55 AM.
19th June 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #5  
MichaelVeringo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Myrtle Beach
Thanks Meter: 25
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dennis_

Actually it was a car charger, was going to see if att could do something with it but when I pulled up to the store it was in the 'normal' download mode.

Edit: my guess is that download mode requires a certain battery level as it would possibly corrupt the flash memory severely if the power was shut off while flashing. But that is just a guess based on my phone being at a very low battery when I was stock in a fastboot loop. That is when the download mode was stock like yours.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Do you remember what battery life you were at when it download mode kicked up?

Sent from my LG-D800
19th June 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #6  
_Dennis_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 370
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVeringo

Do you remember what battery life you were at when it download mode kicked up?

Sent from my LG-D800

No I don't sorry.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to _Dennis_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes