Prynt: The First Instant Camera Case

The photography sphere has a somewhat jerky lifeline, divided into the realms of print and digital … more

Stunningly Animated Morning Routine

Many of you probably have a neat and functional alarm app. But this one is a sight to behold, and you … more

Semi-Transparent Theme for CM12

XDA ForumMemberLeo_elstinprepared yet another theme for CyanogenMod 12. This time you can make your system … more

FTC Says Unlimited Data with Throttling Is Not Unlimited

Unlimited data with throttling will no longer count as unlimited. The Federal Trade … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] kit kat update for straight talk...

OP missexe10

19th June 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi,

I just purchased the note 2 unlocked for straight talk, and I plan to activate it with an at&t sim. I was wondering, will I be able to update to kit kat on this device?
19th June 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #2  
erljayp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
290 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by missexe10

I just purchased the note 2 unlocked for straight talk, and I plan to activate it with an at&t sim. I was wondering, will I be able to update to kit kat on this device?

Unless you do anything that will modify the system (like rooting), and the System Status does not change to "Custom", you can update to KK via OTA.
Besides, you can flash stock roms from Sammobile in case anything happens.
19th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by erljayp

Unless you do anything that will modify the system (like rooting), and the System Status does not change to "Custom", you can update to KK via OTA.
Besides, you can flash stock roms from Sammobile in case anything happens.



Ok thanks, but do you know if it will cause problems with my MMS or data, I havw seen posts that said that once they did the update, they couldnt use these features.
19th June 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #4  
erljayp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
290 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by missexe10

Ok thanks, but do you know if it will cause problems with my MMS or data, I havw seen posts that said that once they did the update, they couldnt use these features.

I'm sorry but I haven't installed the stock version. I'm always using custom roms, haha.
What's with MMS and data?
Like app data? You can back them up using Titanium Backup or other backups apps.
19th June 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by erljayp

I'm sorry but I haven't installed the stock version. I'm always using custom roms, haha.
What's with MMS and data?
Like app data? You can back them up using Titanium Backup or other backups apps.



I have been reading that msny people have been having trouble with MMS after updating to kit kat on straight talk
19th June 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #6  
erljayp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
290 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by missexe10

I have been reading that msny people have been having trouble with MMS after updating to kit kat on straight talk

I'm sorry but I can't help you with that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes