Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Its possible to run recovery or download mode without using home key or JIG?

Tip us?

radek1996
Old
(Last edited by radek1996; 19th March 2014 at 01:36 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Its possible to run recovery or download mode without using home key or JIG?

Hi

I have problem with my I9000. My home button isnt working and i got bootloop!
So i cant run recovery or download mode using keys

I tried to connect USB at boot animation but ADB does not detect it! So i cant run recovery via "adb reboot recovery"
The computer detects it with no problems. I also tried to install different drivers, Windows using drivers for removable disk. I tried to give him the ADB drivers but still can not detect. Is there any other way to run a recovery or do I have to fix the home button to do something with system? :/

Before bootloop i have enabled debugging and i using latest HellyBean with kernel from zip

pryerlee
Old
(Last edited by pryerlee; 19th March 2014 at 06:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 117
you can use a USB Jig to get into download mode http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...inary-t1604707 http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...tions-t1402286
EDIT: oh just read the header "without using jig" lol

knuckles1978
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Open the phone and short the pins on PCB instead of pressing the home button if it's just your actual button that is broken.

Sent from the immortal Galaxy i9000

ofirbb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles1978 View Post
Open the phone and short the pins on PCB instead of pressing the home button if it's just your actual button that is broken.

Sent from the immortal Galaxy i9000
Where can I find the pin schematics?

Thanks!

pryerlee
Old
(Last edited by pryerlee; 19th June 2014 at 02:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 117
have you tried booting to recovery just using power button and volume key? only saying that because my home button doesn't work but I can still boot to recovery with just the power button and the volume key. try it.