Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help making my HTC M8 FAST please!!

Tip us?

jrhunkler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need help making my HTC M8 FAST please!!

Hi guys, new to the forum, trying to learn how to make my HTC One M8 Faster and cleaner.

I had the M7 first, which I bought rooted and unlocked. The seller told me to join this forum, so here I am.

I recently rooted the M8 but I don't know where to go from here. I installed Super User, now what?

Why was my M7 soooo much faster than my M8?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

fps_pete
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Faster in what sense?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

papachilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fps_pete View Post
Faster in what sense?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well, I'm pretty sure the HTC One was heavier... perhaps it could be thrown faster?

flight01
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhunkler View Post
Hi guys, new to the forum, trying to learn how to make my HTC One M8 Faster and cleaner.

I had the M7 first, which I bought rooted and unlocked. The seller told me to join this forum, so here I am.

I recently rooted the M8 but I don't know where to go from here. I installed Super User, now what?

Why was my M7 soooo much faster than my M8?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
How was the m7 faster? In what way? I have had the note 2, gs5, gs4, m7 and the m8 is by far faster and smoother in every way. SO maybe your phone is defective in some way... Once it is rooted you can back up carrier apps with titanium back up then uninstall them. If you have a unlocked boot loader as well and have a custom recovery you can flash a rom that might have some speed improvements.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight01 View Post
How was the m7 faster? In what way?
Yeah, I agree that the OP hasn't given much detail or specifics. Only thing I can think is that AT&T bloat is slowing his device down. Which you mention, and is not unheard of since the AT&T bloat is often ridden with bugs and poorly optimized.

Other than that, the M8 is already blazing fast, smooth, and a joy to use. OP can explore custom ROMs that have various optimizations; and/or try custom kernels which would enable overclocking. But its not clear what is trying to be accomplished. Slow just within the OS interface, certain apps, or gaming?
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)