Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Magnetic Charging Cable: Charging Time?

Tip us?

SpiritBreak3r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Magnetic Charging Cable: Charging Time?

Bought a magnetic cable from ebay, which had all the sony retail boxing but the build seemed cheap. After a week usage, I am noticing terrible charging rate. Having kept my phone over night for charging, I still see only 5-10% increase. But when I switch to USB Cable, it charges noticeably faster (Quick Charge)

So to verify that the cable had issue, I installed this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....currentwidget

Would like to know to how much charging current do they get on USB and on Magnetic Cable.

Mine are as follows.

USB:

Magnetic Cable:

theprince1991
Old
Thanks Meter 16
[QUOTE=SpiritBreak3r;53508954]Bought a magnetic cable from ebay, which had all the sony retail boxing but the build seemed cheap. After a week usage, I am noticing terrible charging rate. Having kept my phone over night for charging, I still see only 5-10% increase. But when I switch to USB Cable, it charges noticeably faster (Quick Charge)

So to verify that the cable had issue, I installed this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....currentwidget

Would like to know to how much charging current do they get on USB and on Magnetic Cable.

Mine are as follows.

USB:
**The image you placed here**

Magnetic Cable:
**The image you placed here**

I had the same effect once but it never happened again. I noticed the magnetic charger was charging extremely slowly but the issue went away after I had fully charged the Z1C and it never came back again :S.

You've probably checked, but make sure the magnetic charger is sitting properly in the connector?

mosespl
Old
Thanks Meter 83
The easiest way to check is to install elixir2 and check how high is value. In my case my magnetic cabel charge fast as normal usb cabel. Average speed of charging about 800-900mah when i do something on phone. Original charger can provide 1500mah so when you use your phone you must 1500-that what phones need=charging value. I had another magbetic cabel earlier and it charge terribly slowly. But new one works gr8.

Wysłane z mojego D5503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Iruwen
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Same here, got a cheap cable from eBay and keeping the screen on decreased the battery status quicker than it actually charged. 5-10% over night. Different cable, all fine. I even modified the contacts of the first cable to ensure a proper connection but that also didn't help. Some cables are just trash. Now I ordered another two of the second cable and they also work fine, same charging speed as via USB.