Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wpa_supplicant file shownig wrong password

Tip us?

EL Loco 2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default wpa_supplicant file shownig wrong password

the wifi key recovery app has been showing the wrong wifi passwords even though the phone is still connecting to the wifi networks . ive tried deleting the networks and connecting again but the problem still remains. i have also gone into the data/misc/wifi folder on my root browser and the wpa_supplicant file is showing the passwords incorrectly too. i was wondering does anyone know what has caused this problem and is there a way to fix it. i have tried deleting the wpa_supplicant file and re connecting to the networks. and i have also tried different wifi password recovery apps and the problem still remains.
thanks in advance for any help

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Loco 2 View Post
the wifi key recovery app has been showing the wrong wifi passwords even though the phone is still connecting to the wifi networks . ive tried deleting the networks and connecting again but the problem still remains. i have also gone into the data/misc/wifi folder on my root browser and the wpa_supplicant file is showing the passwords incorrectly too. i was wondering does anyone know what has caused this problem and is there a way to fix it. i have tried deleting the wpa_supplicant file and re connecting to the networks. and i have also tried different wifi password recovery apps and the problem still remains.
thanks in advance for any help
You should go to recovery, wipe cache, then do it again if it get fixed
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro

EL Loco 2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok I tried with wipe cache, but be still the same.

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Ok, here is my little trick. I don't know if it could help. If you have a cwm backup, just restore boot.img partition Or you could flash a custom kernel. your wifi key will be reseted. Because I did it a few times.
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro