Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Snapdragon 800

Tip us?

mitsosJL
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] Snapdragon 800

Hello guys!!!

Every snapdragon processor (800 and up) has in its hardware implemented voice activation. I have search for it but I cannot find out how to activate it. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Every Snapdragon 800 and Up have the DoubleTapToWakeUp option but it can be only enabled from the Kernel (development was dropped for issues by drain battery), so I think it's the same for Voice Activation. So basically you don't have it.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitsosJL
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Every Snapdragon 800 and Up have the DoubleTapToWakeUp option but it can be only enabled from the Kernel (development was dropped for issues by drain battery), so I think it's the same for Voice Activation. So basically you don't have it.
So I have to find a kernel which enables it uhh?
Anyway thank you

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsosJL View Post
So I have to find a kernel which enables it uhh?
Have the processor do not mean you have that option on your phone, like DT2WU. Also can be vary different from 4.3 to 4.4,because on 4.4 it can be managed differently. BTW, on my 4.3 I have some kind of Voice Search in Settings > Language & input > Voice Search. I don't know if you looking for that as Voice Activation seems to be something else, like Activate the phone by Voice and for that you need a kernel, so on 4.3 that is the only option I got.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4