Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Soft Bricked my m7, adb and fastboot not working

OP akshat10

18th June 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I created a backup using twrp 2.6 , and just to be sure I tried restoring it, however it failed to restore and now i cant boot. I've bootloader and recovery working, however neither fastboot or adb sideloading is working so that i can flash another rom.
Please Help
18th June 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,383

3,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat10

I created a backup using twrp 2.6 , and just to be sure I tried restoring it, however it failed to restore and now i cant boot. I've bootloader and recovery working, however neither fastboot or adb sideloading is working so that i can flash another rom.
Please Help

sorry to answer you with more questions, but.....
  1. what is the complete version of your recovery? 2.6.0.0? 2.6.3.3?
  2. Why does it failed? any error message? What partitions did you backed-up and restored?
  3. What is your adb version? you need 1.0.29 and above to use sideload
    Code:
    adb version
  4. do you have installed your drivers to use fastboot and adb? What does it say in windows device manager when your phone is in bootloader? and in recovery?
  5. What is your computer OS?
  6. What is your bootloader version?
18th June 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

sorry to answer you with more questions, but.....

1. what is the complete version of your recovery? 2.6.0.0? 2.6.3.3?
  2. Why does it failed? any error message? What partitions did you backed-up and restored?
  3. What is your adb version? you need 1.0.29 and above to use sideload
    Code:
    adb version
  4. do you have installed your drivers to use fastboot and adb? What does it say in windows device manager when your phone is in bootloader? and in recovery?
  5. What is your computer OS?
  6. What is your bootloader version?

Hi, thanks for the help,
1. Version of recovery 2.6.3.0
2. The backup was successfully created, i still have it, but when im trying to recover it it does not give any error message the log I get above is:
18th June 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal, Quebec

3,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi, thanks for the help,

2.6.3.0 is outdated. Latest version is 2.7.1.1 but we recommend using 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4

Quote:

2. The backup was successfully created, i still have it, but when im trying to recover it it does not give any error message the log I get above is:

is ?
waiting for 3-4-5-6
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Hi, thanks for the help,
[RESTORE STARTED]
It restores the boot, and data.
then, I see:
Wiping System
Formatting System using make_ext4fs function.
Restoring System...
and then I see a message Failed flashed at the top of the scree.
3. adb version is 1.0.31
4. My drivers worked perfectly tomorrow, thats when I rooted my m7,so today I thought of flashing a custom rom, I took a backup using twrp and just to be sure it was all backed up, I tried restoring it, however it failed with the same message,also today the drivers dont seem to be working after the failed restoration, the device manager shows it as a portable device today when connected in recovery, whereas was showing it as an android device yesterday.
When in fastboot mode, a message showing installing android 1.0 is flashed and the phone also shows connected to FASTBOOT USB, but the fastboot devices command returns nothing and so does the adb devices command.
5. I have a windows 8.1 system.
6.Bootloader Details are:
M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.57.0000
RADIO-4T.27.3218.14
OPEN-DSP- v32.120.274.0909
OS-5.12.707.104

Sorry, I'm completely new to this, thanks for your help !
18th June 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag Montreal, Quebec

3,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

4. My drivers worked perfectly tomorrow

well wait for tomorrow yeah i know, you meant yesterday...

First you will need to fix your drivers issue.

try this fix:

originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

2) Q: I'm using Windows 7 what should I worry about
A: when you issue the command "fastboot boot CWM.img" (now only in CWM/TWRP restore method) there's a high chance drivers won't correctly install

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways
for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver

Open "Device Manager"

there's the culprit

right click and Update Driver Software

select Browse my computer for driver software

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

select Android USB Devices

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)

warning, select Yes

successful installation

now it looks better

and can confirm:
Code:
C:\ADB3>adb devices
List of devices attached
HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if it doesn't works, try different usb ports, different cables even another computer (best would be a win 7 computer, not 8.1). make sure you are not using any usb hub, connect phone dirrectly to computer, usb 2.0 ports preferred.

then when your drivers will be fixed. flash twrp 2.6.3.3 (anyway almost all newer rom required at least 2.6.3.3), clear cache and boot in recovery. try to restore the backup again. if it still fail, you'll be able to push and flash a rom to your phone.

also post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' except imei and serialno when your drivers issues are fixed.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

im out for today, but im sure other members will comes here to assist. ill be back tomorrow

good luck
19th June 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Got it working, turns out the drivers were fine, you have to switch the HTC Sync Manager once and the drivers start working properly.
Thanks for your help.
Would be grateful if you can give a guide to choosing a rom to flash ( odexed or de-odexed)
Thanks !
19th June 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #8  
Flag Montreal, Quebec

3,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Got it working, turns out the drivers were fine, you have to switch the HTC Sync Manager once and the drivers start working properly.
Thanks for your help.
Would be grateful if you can give a guide to choosing a rom to flash ( odexed or de-odexed)
Thanks !

There is no guide for choosing a rom here, because rom comparison threads aren't allowed. Rom preferences are always subjective, you will need to find one that fits what you need.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one#romList

always read the rom OP carefully before flashing. Some roms have specific requirements. (i.e using a specific recovery, or s-off requirement for GPE roms)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread