Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MetroPCS on tmo S4 - Not Registered On Network

Tip us?

adamsa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MetroPCS on tmo S4 - Not Registered On Network

Issue: Buying an M919 from craigslist, a friend, whatever. Popping your MetroPCS SIM in. Getting "Not Registered on Network" error. Go through hours trying various unlock steps.

The issue isn't your phone, once you've unlocked it such that you don't get a PIN entry prompt when popping in the new card.

This is specific to MetroPCS, that I've never run into before. They pair bond SIM-IMEI. If you want to put your metropcs SIM in another device, you need to call them or drop by a center. The instant that he made the change in his system, this phone that I'd been laboring over suddenly worked. Cost me $10 to do this. One way that a low cost service nickle and dimes you.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Metro has always done this since they were CDMA and carried it over when they were acquired by T-Mobile.. They are the only gsm carrier I've seen do this

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,469

DONATE TO ME
Moved to Q&A, Help and Troubleshooting forum.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Donations: Please click on the "Donate to Me" on the left to donate to my Extra Life 2014 campaign.
All proceeds go to the Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)