[Q] Phone Randomly Won't Wake Up

OP ruckstande

19th June 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

359 posts
More
It was happening in 4.3 and now 4.4. Sometimes I can be using my phone and it is working great and then a short while later I hit the Home button and nothing happens. I have to eventually battery pull to restart the phone then it is working fine again. Any ideas?
19th June 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,754

3,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande

It was happening in 4.3 and now 4.4. Sometimes I can be using my phone and it is working great and then a short while later I hit the Home button and nothing happens. I have to eventually battery pull to restart the phone then it is working fine again. Any ideas?

Are you on TouchWiz 4.4.2, or AOSP/CM? If AOSP, is it a 4.4.2 or 4 4.3 ROM? What kernel? Do you use an app to change VPN, etc settings? Do you have separate screen off settings?

Try a stock kernel, a custom kernel the way it comes, or wiping or uninstall the app you use to change the CPU settings.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread