Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 48,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mod camera to shoot "Shot & More" mode at 16mp?

Tip us?

Adamallica
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Mod camera to shoot "Shot & More" mode at 16mp?

Now that we finally have root, would it be possible to mod the camera app to disable some of the restrictions? I like the idea of the "Shot & More" mode, but never use it because it forces 6mp.

I found this mod that states it forces "100% picture quality" and improves video, but it's a flashable zip which we can't use yet on the VZW variant. Not sure if we could use it to replace system files manually...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758492

Thanks!

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,469

DONATE TO ME
Moved to Q&A.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Donations: Please click on the "Donate to Me" on the left to donate to my Extra Life 2014 campaign.
All proceeds go to the Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

chewwy420
Old
(Last edited by chewwy420; 19th June 2014 at 04:23 PM.) Reason: Added info
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamallica View Post
Now that we finally have root, would it be possible to mod the camera app to disable some of the restrictions? I like the idea of the "Shot & More" mode, but never use it because it forces 6mp.

I found this mod that states it forces "100% picture quality" and improves video, but it's a flashable zip which we can't use yet on the VZW variant. Not sure if we could use it to replace system files manually...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758492

Thanks!
Just download the zip and extract it somewhere. Then copy over the file to your sdcard then use something like root explorer to copy them over to the correct folder on the /system. There is the main app that goes in /system/app and the xml that goes in /system/etc. Don't forget to set permissions on them same as existing files. And as always backup the existing files first.

P.S. I noticed this is for deodex roms. Stock is ODEX. SO you would need to Rename/Backup the SamsungCamera3.odex before you install this new one.
Tags
camera, mod, quality