Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Headphone Bug in omni rom on s3

Tip us?

Trendsbuz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Headphone Bug in omni rom on s3

Hello !

I am using the latest nightly build of omni rom 4.4.3 on galaxy s3, everything is working fine except my headphones aren't working

i tried everything

i searched the forum and people believe switching to nova launcher fixed their problems but didn't work for me..

few people on the forum recommend to disable the google hot word detection in voice settings, i tried the same but still no luck

Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection. Then reboot... but still no sound

and even i tried Boeffla-Kernel but still no sounds through headphone while playing music in apollo or google music player.

i switched to different CPU profiles from ondemand to performance but still not working

" i faced the same problem in cm11 nightly builds that's why i switched to omni rom but no luck "

please help me out...

Trendsbuz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendsbuz View Post
Hello !

I am using the latest nightly build of omni rom 4.4.3 on galaxy s3, everything is working fine except my headphones aren't working

i tried everything

i searched the forum and people believe switching to nova launcher fixed their problems but didn't work for me..

few people on the forum recommend to disable the google hot word detection in voice settings, i tried the same but still no luck

Hold the Home screen > Settings > Voice > Uncheck Hotword Detection. Then reboot... but still no sound

and even i tried Boeffla-Kernel but still no sounds through headphone while playing music in apollo or google music player.

i switched to different CPU profiles from ondemand to performance but still not working

" i faced the same problem in cm11 nightly builds that's why i switched to omni rom but no luck "

please help me out...
It seems people and developer out there don't want to help me.. stuck with these custom rom issues

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendsbuz View Post
It seems people and developer out there don't want to help me.. stuck with these custom rom issues
You're on a device that is likely to get pulled for the next Android cycle due to lack of a maintainer. You also didn't post this bug via Omni's official bugreporting process documented in the FAQ, although I will admit that bug likely would have sat there.

Basically everyone that was working on the I9300 in the past either:
Had it die
Got rid of it
Has taken a break from Android development (Rebellos was our original I9300 maintainer but he's had to take a leave of absence from Android stuff.)

Exynos4 devices in general have been on minimal life support since late 2012. #blamesamsung - all of the former Samsung Exynos guys (including myself) got tired of dealing with their BS and prefer working with other devices.

The only person still working on I930x is Mark with the I9305 and I haven't seen him recently.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations