Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is being able to turn the LED on when the screen is active a 4.4.3 thing?

Tip us?

ixijimixi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default [Q] Is being able to turn the LED on when the screen is active a 4.4.3 thing?

I recently switched over to the newly released 4.4.2 stock and, in the process, seem to have lost the ability for the LED light to light up when the screen is on, like I had on some custom ROMs. Is this strictly a 4.4.3 ability, or are there apps which can give this functionality on stock?
Device xxxxxLG Optimus G Pro (i317)
ROM iiiiixxxxxUm...what day is today?

*twitch* Thanks to all the devs, themers, and mods for keeping the addiction alive *twitch*

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 952

DONATE TO ME
Not sure but its another battery drainer lol. I see no point in it unless for a notification IMO.

2SHAYNEZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

ixijimixi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily View Post
Not sure but its another battery drainer lol. I see no point in it unless for a notification IMO.

2SHAYNEZ
Well yeah, that's what I mean, for a notification. I don't just want the LED to stay on all day just to give me something purty to look at. I just like having it as an extra way to see I have an email or something.

*twitch* Thanks to all the devs, themers, and mods for keeping the addiction alive *twitch*

spexwood
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixijimixi View Post
Well yeah, that's what I mean, for a notification. I don't just want the LED to stay on all day just to give me something purty to look at. I just like having it as an extra way to see I have an email or something.
Im on 4.4.2 and my notification led (the colored led on the Home button) works when I get notifications, but the led only turns on when the screen is off. It doesnt blink with the screen on.
If I get a text message for example, the led will blink when the screen is off. Once the screen is turned on, the led shuts off, but as long as I dont view the text, then the led starts blinking again once I shut off the screen.

For anyone who needs it:
The settings for this are under Display > Home Button LED
There is an easily missable section under there too. Be sure to tap "select missed event" and choose your options in there too.

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 952

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixijimixi View Post
Lol I thought you wanted it to stay completely on while screen was on..... I misread that.

2SHAYNEZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

ixijimixi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily View Post
Lol I thought you wanted it to stay completely on while screen was on..... I misread that.

2SHAYNEZ

Imagine being the poor schmuck who has to sell THAT feature to the CEO...

It's this colored light, that stays on even when the screen is on, so you know that your phone is on..."

😄