Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is being able to turn the LED on when the screen is active a 4.4.3 thing?

OP ixijimixi

16th June 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Warwick, RI
Thanks Meter: 83

326 posts
More
I recently switched over to the newly released 4.4.2 stock and, in the process, seem to have lost the ability for the LED light to light up when the screen is on, like I had on some custom ROMs. Is this strictly a 4.4.3 ability, or are there apps which can give this functionality on stock?
16th June 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #2  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,327

4,675 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not sure but its another battery drainer lol. I see no point in it unless for a notification IMO.

2SHAYNEZ
17th June 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Warwick, RI

326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

Not sure but its another battery drainer lol. I see no point in it unless for a notification IMO.

2SHAYNEZ

Well yeah, that's what I mean, for a notification. I don't just want the LED to stay on all day just to give me something purty to look at. I just like having it as an extra way to see I have an email or something.
18th June 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 131

546 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixijimixi

Well yeah, that's what I mean, for a notification. I don't just want the LED to stay on all day just to give me something purty to look at. I just like having it as an extra way to see I have an email or something.

Im on 4.4.2 and my notification led (the colored led on the Home button) works when I get notifications, but the led only turns on when the screen is off. It doesnt blink with the screen on.
If I get a text message for example, the led will blink when the screen is off. Once the screen is turned on, the led shuts off, but as long as I dont view the text, then the led starts blinking again once I shut off the screen.

For anyone who needs it:
The settings for this are under Display > Home Button LED
There is an easily missable section under there too. Be sure to tap "select missed event" and choose your options in there too.
18th June 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #5  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,327

4,675 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixijimixi

Lol I thought you wanted it to stay completely on while screen was on..... I misread that.

2SHAYNEZ
19th June 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Warwick, RI

326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

Lol I thought you wanted it to stay completely on while screen was on..... I misread that.

2SHAYNEZ

Imagine being the poor schmuck who has to sell THAT feature to the CEO...

It's this colored light, that stays on even when the screen is on, so you know that your phone is on..."

😄
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread