View Poll Results: What should I do?
Insurance claim it! 0 0%
Wait for Note 4! 0 0%
Buy something else! 0 0%
Repair it! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Killed my screen (Note 2), what to do?

OP djninjah

19th June 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I have a Note 2 (Sprint) that I managed to kill the screen on last night. Shockingly the glass is still in perfect condition, the display itself got a tiny crack and decided to give up on life. Yay!

Anyway. I can get by on my Epic 4G for a few days, but I'm trying to figure out my next move here before throwing $175 at the deductible for the insurance. I was going to upgrade when the Note 4 came, but I don't think I can go the entire summer on a Froyo phone now. I have an upgrade on my account next month, so I have options.

1. Insurance the phone and replace it.

2. Try and tough it out with the Epic 4g for three months (I'm assuming a mid-September release for the Note 4).

3. Buy something else and eBay the broken phone. I'm not really up to date on the latest and greatest outside of Samsung products. Which is probably not great since my gut is telling me I should try at least considering something else for my next phone.

Additionally how am I going to get my data off this thing? Usually I need to screen unlock it to connect it to my PC. That's not an option with the dead screen. Will Kies do it? Can I get Sprint to do it?
Last edited by djninjah; 19th June 2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added second question.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread