10,800 posts
Yes it does if you're on nc1 firmware

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
19th June 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Kingsport
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I have tried this and everything says that the phone is rooted, however, when I open apps they are not asking for permission. Is there something else that I need to do? Apps that work only on rooted phones are working fine so I am kind of stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
19th June 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,778

10,800 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtymehokie

I have tried this and everything says that the phone is rooted, however, when I open apps they are not asking for permission. Is there something else that I need to do? Apps that work only on rooted phones are working fine so I am kind of stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

That's the way it works and part of the reason the exploit is scary, apps don't ask for permission.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

8 posts
More
I have SuperSu installed and I do get prompts for granting or denying apps permission, but yeah if you don't have a Superuser access management tool, apps are granted root permissions immediately. If you don't want that custom boot logo and that's why you uninstalled SuperSu (if you even had it), you can use Wanam exposed and Xposed framework to fake system status and set it to official.
The Following User Says Thank You to Black_Phoenix_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #6  
Quote:

Thanks.

Install SuperSu.
The Following User Says Thank You to ~wolverine~ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kingsport

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~wolverine~

Install SuperSu.

I have SuperSU installed and that is what is confusing me. Sometimes it asks me to grant permission for apps I open and then other apps will open without asking any permissions.
19th June 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,778

10,800 posts
Quote:

I have SuperSU installed and that is what is confusing me. Sometimes it asks me to grant permission for apps I open and then other apps will open without asking any permissions.

Do the apps that open without notification need root permission? If they don't they won't ask for it.

19th June 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #9  
Flag Kingsport

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Do the apps that open without notification need root permission? If they don't they won't ask for it.

Here is what i am trying to do...I used to be able to get music from Google Play to Doubletwist with my rooted phone. I had to unroot it and then root it again. Doubletwist used to ask for permission, however now does not. Nor will the music move over. Long story short, that is what I am working on. Unsuccessfully, I might add. Last time I rooted the phone, I used the SD Card method and this time I used towelroot. Not sure if that would make a difference or not.
Last edited by bigtymehokie; 19th June 2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added Information

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread