Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root reversed with flashtool?

Tip us?
 
Lemmi1
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 75
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Root reversed with flashtool?

Hi everyone!

I have a question about unrooting the XZR.

Can you, after you have rooted the XZR make the root without problems again reversed (unrooted)?

I imagine that, it should work but if you reflashing an original Sony software with the flash tool, then it should be in original condition.

I dont know a counter for root till now.

Because if that were possible, then the "disputes" in a warranty claim would be gone. Easy original rom flashing over it with the flash tool and ready.

Or is there my way of thinking wrong?


Greeting Lemmi.
 
THeLogiC
Old
#2  
THeLogiC's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 893
Posts: 3,498
Join Date: Sep 2011
Flashing the stock rom in flashtool should be enough to get it unrooted
X10 Stock Firmware Collection
X10-The Ultimate ROMS/KERNELS List for GB/ICS
Latest FXP 142 cm9.1 Download Link for Xperia X10


Current Configuration:
Bootloader Status: Unlocked
Kernel: doomkernel v6
ROM: cm7zmod v3 by zdzihu

 
Lemmi1
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 75
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by THeLogiC View Post
Flashing the stock rom in flashtool should be enough to get it unrooted
Perfekt, thats what I want to know.

So I can root with the new towelroot method without unlocking bootloader and if there is a problem someday a can reverse everything

Thanks.
 
THeLogiC
Old
#4  
THeLogiC's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 893
Posts: 3,498
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmi1 View Post
Perfekt, thats what I want to know.

So I can root with the new towelroot method without unlocking bootloader and if there is a problem someday a can reverse everything

Thanks.
Correct
No need to unlock bootloader for rooting now
X10 Stock Firmware Collection
X10-The Ultimate ROMS/KERNELS List for GB/ICS
Latest FXP 142 cm9.1 Download Link for Xperia X10


Current Configuration:
Bootloader Status: Unlocked
Kernel: doomkernel v6
ROM: cm7zmod v3 by zdzihu

 
Lemmi1
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 75
Join Date: Aug 2013
Hope that root will stay after next OTA to .233. This is needed cause of the Google Service akku drain problem.

Maybe it will come soon and new root method is still working.

Gesendet von meinem C5502 mit Tapatalk
 
THeLogiC
Old
#6  
THeLogiC's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 893
Posts: 3,498
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmi1 View Post
Hope that root will stay after next OTA to .233. This is needed cause of the Google Service akku drain problem.

Maybe it will come soon and new root method is still working.

Gesendet von meinem C5502 mit Tapatalk
Temporarily disabling location made my phone not drain battery as much.
X10 Stock Firmware Collection
X10-The Ultimate ROMS/KERNELS List for GB/ICS
Latest FXP 142 cm9.1 Download Link for Xperia X10


Current Configuration:
Bootloader Status: Unlocked
Kernel: doomkernel v6
ROM: cm7zmod v3 by zdzihu

 
ujangns
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 42
Join Date: Apr 2009
Other way to uproot the zr is thru superSU. Download from playstore. Open the SuperSU go to settings then looking for full unroot. You will prompt a message. I use this method unroot my zr last time.
 
Daedroza
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmi1 View Post
Hi everyone!

I have a question about unrooting the XZR.

Can you, after you have rooted the XZR make the root without problems again reversed (unrooted)?

I imagine that, it should work but if you reflashing an original Sony software with the flash tool, then it should be in original condition.

I dont know a counter for root till now.

Because if that were possible, then the "disputes" in a warranty claim would be gone. Easy original rom flashing over it with the flash tool and ready.

Or is there my way of thinking wrong?


Greeting Lemmi.
You can unroot your phone by various methods. But be sure you relock your boot loader and put back TA partition (DRM keys) so that sony service centre won't find out you had done anything wrong with your phone

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Free mobile app
 
victor01
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default Looking for a simple way to root XZR

Guys. Is there a simple method to root your phone?

For Ex: I had a Samsung device earlier
Just download the root ZIP file and place it in SD card and then flash it using a simple method. Hold Vol + power button it will take you to the recovery mode and then you can flash the ZIP file.
Next : Power on your phone and then install Titanium backup and give it root access to SuperSu and easily you can move apps to your SD card after opening the Titatnium backup or Apps2SD.

Guys your opinion please
 
THeLogiC
Old
#10  
THeLogiC's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 893
Posts: 3,498
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor01 View Post
Guys. Is there a simple method to root your phone?

For Ex: I had a Samsung device earlier
Just download the root ZIP file and place it in SD card and then flash it using a simple method. Hold Vol + power button it will take you to the recovery mode and then you can flash the ZIP file.
Next : Power on your phone and then install Titanium backup and give it root access to SuperSu and easily you can move apps to your SD card after opening the Titatnium backup or Apps2SD.

Guys your opinion please
use this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157
X10 Stock Firmware Collection
X10-The Ultimate ROMS/KERNELS List for GB/ICS
Latest FXP 142 cm9.1 Download Link for Xperia X10


Current Configuration:
Bootloader Status: Unlocked
Kernel: doomkernel v6
ROM: cm7zmod v3 by zdzihu


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more