[TUT] How to root Xperia Z1 [14.3.A.0.757] Kitkat 4.4.2
Hi dear community.
Yesterday i had very hard day regarding of rooting my Xperia Z1 on Kitkat 4.4.2.
I read lot of tutorials and videos and still didnt know what to do.
I will try to simplify much i can.
So here we go.
THIS TUTORIAL IS SAME FOR EVERY VERSION OF XPERIA Z1, BUT FOR C6902, C906, C6943 USE DOWNLOAD LINKS IN SECOND POST FOR GETTING FIRMWARE.
THIS PROCES WILL WIPE YOUR CONTACTS, SMS, APPS, ALBUM PICTURES, SO TRY TO BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU NEED BEFORE
FOLLOWING THIS TUTORIAL
Requitments: (Download everything before proceding)
1. Download Flashtool
2. Sony Xperia Z1 USB Drivers
3. C6903_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip download
4. C6903_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf Download
5. Recovery installer by NUT
6. C6903_14.1.G.1.534_NUT.ftf download
<<<<< For other version (C6902, C906, C6943 find .534 firmware for your model)
1. Instal lattest flashtool which you previously downloaded
2. When you finish installing go to (C:\Flashtool\drivers and install drivers from that app [Flashmode and fastboot drivers] if you instaled on C disc)
3. Now move C6903_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf and C6903_14.1.G.1.534_NUT.ftf to C:\Flashtool\firmwares (C disc on my case)
4. Go to about phone click 7 times on build number, then turn on usb debugging in developers option and turn on unknown recources in security option
4. Now run flashtool (32bit if your pc is 32, or 64bit if your pc is 64bit
5. Wait till syncing is over and then click on lightning icon in left upper corner
6. Select flashmode and select C6903_14.1.G.1.534_NUT.ftf and select [WIPE DATA, CACHE APPSLOG] everything else uncheked
7. While flashtool prepares your firmware, turn off your phone
8. After beeing prepared connect your phone with volume down button via usb to your pc
9. Wait couple of minutes (once it will appear that its stopped, dont worry, it will finish soon)
10. Unplug your phone and switch ON after flashing proces is finished
11. Now repeat step 4
12. Now unzip Recovery installer by NUT, and opent folder, and double click on Instal.bat file
13. Pick option 3 (type 3 with keyboard and pres enter)
14. Now connect your phone using USB cable (this time leave it ON)
15. Phone will reboot and go to recovery (Then go to reboot > system > (instal superSU)
NOTICE THIS STEP MEY BE DIFFRENT, DEPENDS ON YOUR DEFAULT RECOVERY
16. Instal SuperSU from google play
17. Connect phone via usb to your pc and transfer C6903_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip to your internal storage or sd card (In my case internal)
18. Disconnect the phone and power it off
19. Now power ON, when green led appers keep clicking fastly volume down button to go to recovery
20. Now instal flashable zip from internal memory
21. WHEN ITS FINISH DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE, you must power off your phone (in one recovery power off is hiden in reboot menu)
22. Then open flashtool, clich flash icon, choose C6903_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf leave everything uncheked
23. Connect your phone via usb cable to pc holding volume down key
24. After it is finish disconnect your phone and power it on, Notice that first boot may take up to 5min
Now you have fully working rooted phone on Kitkat 4.4.2
Credits to NUT for wonderfull files, firmwares
Credits to various makers of tutorial which helped me (more or less) to root my phone
Credits to flashtool team
VIDEO TUTORIAL (which i found to late)