Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dialer App On AOSP/CM ROMs

Tip us?

arikdahn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Dialer App On AOSP/CM ROMs

Hey guys!
Does anybody have any idea why only the TW/Stock dialer works on my phone despite trying multiple AOSP/CM ROMs, kernels, PRL/Firmwares, and recoveries? I'm having tons of trouble finding others with this problem. The CM-style dialers all glitch and will not allow the input of keys from the phone/dialer app and will on some roms black the screen out completely despite my using the home button to minimize the app. In a few ROMs I've had to hard reboot the phone to get it out of the call screen. In others, only the dialer/phone app itself freezes up and the screen glitches with mild to moderate system ui problems.

arikdahn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anybody? Or maybe I could provide some more info to anyone who has questions that we might figure out what the dilly is, here?

HPferoxCraft
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Dirty flashing? I don't know why you're having this issue but I have had issues in some roms where the aosp dialer come up blank with no digits.
What I did was search for blacked out dialer apks. Grabbed one for aosp and one for TW. Each time I go to a new rom I just overwrite the dialer apk, change permission reboot and good to go. Maybe that could be of some help maybe not. Just an idea and good luck

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to HPferoxCraft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arikdahn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPferoxCraft View Post
Dirty flashing? I don't know why you're having this issue but I have had issues in some roms where the aosp dialer come up blank with no digits.
What I did was search for blacked out dialer apks. Grabbed one for aosp and one for TW. Each time I go to a new rom I just overwrite the dialer apk, change permission reboot and good to go. Maybe that could be of some help maybe not. Just an idea and good luck

Thanks. Yeah, it's hard to explain exactly what happens, but it's not involving the omission of digits or lack of recognition. It's on all non-TW ROMs and causes the phone to totally wig out and the screen blinks on and off, sometimes locking the phone, sometimes not. It never used to do it before, and I suspect . It works great for every other aspect of the ROMS other than the dialer/phone app. It's not so simple at all that I can use one of those fine ROMS and just uninstall the CM dialer and install the TW version, is it?

HPferoxCraft
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by arikdahn View Post
Thanks. Yeah, it's hard to explain exactly what happens, but it's not involving the omission of digits or lack of recognition. It's on all non-TW ROMs and causes the phone to totally wig out and the screen blinks on and off, sometimes locking the phone, sometimes not. It never used to do it before, and I suspect . It works great for every other aspect of the ROMS other than the dialer/phone app. It's not so simple at all that I can use one of those fine ROMS and just uninstall the CM dialer and install the TW version, is it?
I don't think that would work. You'd need aosp dialer on AOSP and TW dialer on TW. There's other apks and libraries involved. But you can always cherry pick apks from other 'like' roms that you know work fine. I just play around till something sticks, I break more than I fix but that's why we make backups.

The Following User Says Thank You to HPferoxCraft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]