Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,421 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Low volume

Tip us?

Maix27
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Low volume

Is anyone else annoyed about how quiet the volume is with headphones plugged in? I'm not using the official ones that came with it, but my own IEMs.

It's so quiet that on a Tube I can hear way too much external noise. For a multimedia device, this is making me unhappy!

My bootloader is locked so I can't root. Does anyone have any other suggestions or should I just get my portable amp back out?!

Thanks!

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Did you already try all the sound enhancements in the settings???

Chefproll
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Sound enhancements don't help much. Try the "normalize" option.

All other "enhancements" just lead to dynamic loss, to "pumping" sound and loss of audio details. Bad choices.
Tweaks like the ones done using "PowerAmp" do NOT work, just cause distortion.

By the way: I HATE the low volume, too. It's just annoying.

Maix27
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, the sound enhancements don't really do that, even normalize seems to be a bit hit and miss (sometimes i switch between it and volume goes up, other times down!)

It sounds like there's way too much processing of the sound going on. I know the noise cancelling function is software based so wonder if this is getting in the way, as it were? I can find no way to turn it off though.

So without root, it's unlikely to find a solution?

Shame.

Richard108
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maix27 View Post
Yeah, the sound enhancements don't really do that, even normalize seems to be a bit hit and miss (sometimes i switch between it and volume goes up, other times down!)

It sounds like there's way too much processing of the sound going on. I know the noise cancelling function is software based so wonder if this is getting in the way, as it were? I can find no way to turn it off though.

So without root, it's unlikely to find a solution?

Shame.
Have any of you found a solution to this problem? I have Bose head phones, of very good quality, and the volume when using them is low. The volume control in the Settings in the Z2 tablete only increases volume until half way through the available movement of the control, and when moved further to the right it won't increase volume at all.

The actual volume through the built in speakers is loud enough.

On my IPad 3 the volume is much louder with head phones.