Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot
I'm thinking about flashing this with safestrap on NC5 but I have never really heard much about it. May people running this rom on safestrap tell me if it is totally stable with safestrap? Because it seems like it was not built for safestrap.
Here is the download link http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358541454
. I think it is different from this
post because googlie may have altered this one
I'm running it and it is mostly stable. It has a few things that don't work
1) The signal bar doesn't display signal strength. The bars are shaded gray but you're getting reception when it says you're not. It does say 4G, 3G, 1X, etc.
2) Dialer crashes from the very beginning. It sometimes works, but most of the time, you'll get the "Unfortunately, dialer has stopped working," error message. I installed Swipedialer Pro to use as my primary dialer. It has an authentic AOSP feel and look.
3) Tethering isn't working for some reason.
4) When you first long-press the power button to bring up the power menu, you'll notice that the phone just reboots! To fix, go to the ROM Customizer app, then go to ROM Settings> System/ Kernel Mods> Powermenu Toggles and enable all the toggles. (GravityBox can also interfere with the power menu for some reason, so I disabled it just to avoid any issues).
5) The Gmail app that comes with the ROM FC's every time. You have to delete Gmail from the /system/app folder with something like Root Explorer, and reboot. Then install Gmail from the Playstore.
6) Sounds settings FC every time. However, you can still change ringtones through call settings. Not really a big issue for me.
I know that sounds like a lot, but other than this, it's actually one of the BEST Roms for the S4. It's actually my daily driver and it's the only rom I've used that is closest to the AOSP feel and look for our phone (I HATE Touchwiz!!!) Lol.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app