Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,396 Members 36,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Partitioning Questions 64 gb

Tip us?

NOOBNUGGET
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Drive [Q] Partitioning Questions 64 gb

seeming as though the htc desire is like 4 years old I don't even think threads about it exist anymore, hopefully I can start a snowball effect on this ancient but slightly awesome piece of technology

okay, so firstly this may be a pathetic question seeming as though it is a lot simpler than a lot of other things and I may be a complete and utter noob for asking this, hence noobnugget ,but.. if I partition a 64 gb sd card (htc can use it I think , desire) will I be able to use more than 512 mb? every site says 512 but that doesn't seem like enough if I have a 64 gb card, that I am curious of, another thing I bust my butt searching for is if I partition the sd, will I be able to use the other 62gb (if 2gb is possible) as actual storage space for like music and stuff cause I COULD NOT find a definitive answer to that, it sounds retarded as hell, but its true .__. ... help...

ooh yah, also its rooted, the works, using stock mod cause freakin cyagenomod or whatever the heck its called took up nearly all of my tiny 150mb storage space for apps

and before anyone comments with something like "buy a new phone" -.- I cant cause I live with my parents and "they aint gon give me no dolla"

lilsafbig
Old
(Last edited by lilsafbig; 19th June 2014 at 06:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOBNUGGET View Post
seeming as though the htc desire is like 4 years old I don't even think threads about it exist anymore, hopefully I can start a snowball effect on this ancient but slightly awesome piece of technology

okay, so firstly this may be a pathetic question seeming as though it is a lot simpler than a lot of other things and I may be a complete and utter noob for asking this, hence noobnugget ,but.. if I partition a 64 gb sd card (htc can use it I think , desire) will I be able to use more than 512 mb? every site says 512 but that doesn't seem like enough if I have a 64 gb card, that I am curious of, another thing I bust my butt searching for is if I partition the sd, will I be able to use the other 62gb (if 2gb is possible) as actual storage space for like music and stuff cause I COULD NOT find a definitive answer to that, it sounds retarded as hell, but its true .__. ... help...

ooh yah, also its rooted, the works, using stock mod cause freakin cyagenomod or whatever the heck its called took up nearly all of my tiny 150mb storage space for apps

and before anyone comments with something like "buy a new phone" -.- I cant cause I live with my parents and "they aint gon give me no dolla"
You should flash mildwild 14 which is basically cm7 it will be smoother than sense after you have done that install 4ext recovery so u can make a partition there are guides on how to do so when you make a partition you will have more internal space I made a 1gb partition then you can change the hboot if u want to have more space?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app