[Q] Battery drain on moto g running 4.4.2

OP adids93

18th June 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I hav been using moto g for the past 3 months. The phone worked perfectly for the 1st month. But after 1 month there is some battery drain issue.
When the phone is in standby the battery drain unexpectedly fast. i get a screen time of only abt 1.5 hours. During the night the battery come down by 25-30%(3g and wifi are both off). I have factory reset the phone but the problem still persists. I have also tried to keep the phone in safe mode when i go to sleep but the battery still drains heavily. The Battery drain in expected amount when i am using the phone. Battery saver apps doesnt seem to help the battery life. Thanx in advance.
18th June 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
More
Since you are on 4.4.2 could it be the mm-qcamera-daemon problem? The process is well known for causing battery drain if there are certain apps installed (like Snapchat or Skype).
Also known is higher battery drain after using GPS.
Maybe this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2654180 gives you some ideas how to isolate your problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Hwyl.Fawr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwyl.Fawr

Since you are on 4.4.2 could it be the mm-qcamera-daemon problem? The process is well known for causing battery drain if there are certain apps installed (like Snapchat or Skype).
Also known is higher battery drain after using GPS.
Maybe this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2654180 gives you some ideas how to isolate your problem

I have installed Skype. Maybe it is the cause. Thanks a lot for linking me to d right thread.
18th June 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #4  

30 posts
More
You're welcome!
So uninstalling Skype (or just updating? Not shure if there has been a recent fix) maybe help. Or wainting for 4.4.3 which shouldnt take too long
19th June 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwyl.Fawr

You're welcome!
So uninstalling Skype (or just updating? Not shure if there has been a recent fix) maybe help. Or wainting for 4.4.3 which shouldnt take too long

I have uninstalled Skype. but the battery still came down by abt 10% last night. so there may be another problem. 4.4.3 hopefully comes with a solution to the skype problem.
19th June 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #6  

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adids93

I have uninstalled Skype. but the battery still came down by abt 10% last night. so there may be another problem. 4.4.3 hopefully comes with a solution to the skype problem.

I have the feeling my answers seem a bit chaotic... Sorry for that.
Well at least now you know that Skype not seems to be the issue. I should have stated already that you could try an app like "Gsam Battery Monitor" or "Better Battery Stats" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179809). They give you a detailed list of processes that consume battery.
Unfortunately I can not tell if and how good the work without root
19th June 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I have tried gsam battery app. It jus showed normal stats nothing out of the ordinary... I have installed greenify n added a bunch of apps to it which I thought drains more battery. but Battery life has not increased.

I looked at d link from ur earlier reply. Many users face d same problem but for some of them rebooting solves the problem.
Don't think any installed apps r causing it.

I have switched over to ART runtime because I read that it has better battery efficiency. I'll use it for a couple of days n chk.

The battery drain graph when screen is off seems a bit steep than normal. Maybe it's a bug in 4.4.2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403198959575.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2807207   Click image for larger version

Name:	1403198973755.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	2807209   Click image for larger version

Name:	1403199249056.jpg
Views:	39