Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Towelroot did not root my hdx

Tip us?

Seanichigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Towelroot did not root my hdx

Hi, my kindle hdx used to be rooted before the last update somewhere in March.. And now with the last update at 14.3.2.2.2 I can't get it root, no matter how many times i try to load towelroot.. Even after a reset to factory didn't help. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Choppii
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanichigo View Post
Hi, my kindle hdx used to be rooted before the last update somewhere in March.. And now with the last update at 14.3.2.2.2 I can't get it root, no matter how many times i try to load towelroot.. Even after a reset to factory didn't help. Any suggestion? Thanks.
Have you tried using this toolkit?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665683

Seanichigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yeah I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppii View Post
I actually have 2 kindles hdx. The first one was never rooted before and have the same firmware 14.3.2.3.2 .. And I installed towelroot and then supersu, everything went well. It's the other one that was once rooted, maybe it changed something when It was rooted in the past, but now, it doesn't seem to root even with a factory reset. Weird. That's why ..

Seanichigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default vroot did the job.

Didn't want to use that option with vroot, but it did root my 2nd tab just like towelroot did with my 1st tab. I'm a happy camper.