Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,757 Members 38,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T HTC One (M7) on T-Mobile

Tip us?

blackwater316
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] AT&T HTC One (M7) on T-Mobile

Hello

Please pardon in case this is a re-post.

I recently moved from AT&T to T-Mobile and am still using my unlocked HTC One M7. I get decent coverage in almost all the places except at my desk at work. My colleague who also has T-Mobile gets 2 bars at my location with his Samsung S4 which he bought from T-Mobile.

My question to the tech guru's is if it would help, if I flashed a custom T-Mobile rom (ViperOne) on my phone would it reprogram the radio on my phone to use the T-Mobile frequencies? Or would it make more sense to just flash the T-Mobile Radio on my phone to resolve the reception issue?

Thank you

clsA
Old
(Last edited by clsA; 19th June 2014 at 08:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 884

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater316 View Post
Hello

Please pardon in case this is a re-post.

I recently moved from AT&T to T-Mobile and am still using my unlocked HTC One M7. I get decent coverage in almost all the places except at my desk at work. My colleague who also has T-Mobile gets 2 bars at my location with his Samsung S4 which he bought from T-Mobile.

My question to the tech guru's is if it would help, if I flashed a custom T-Mobile rom (ViperOne) on my phone would it reprogram the radio on my phone to use the T-Mobile frequencies? Or would it make more sense to just flash the T-Mobile Radio on my phone to resolve the reception issue?

Thank you
it will not help ..your phone is missing the 1700 band completely and no radio flash will fix it

Quote:
AT&T
Wireless Technology

4G-LTE
Bands 2, 4, 5 and 17

4G
HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul

UMTS/HSPA+
850/1900/2100MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE
850/900/1800/1900MHz
Quote: