No registration required

[Q] AT&T HTC One (M7) on T-Mobile

OP blackwater316

19th June 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello

Please pardon in case this is a re-post.

I recently moved from AT&T to T-Mobile and am still using my unlocked HTC One M7. I get decent coverage in almost all the places except at my desk at work. My colleague who also has T-Mobile gets 2 bars at my location with his Samsung S4 which he bought from T-Mobile.

My question to the tech guru's is if it would help, if I flashed a custom T-Mobile rom (ViperOne) on my phone would it reprogram the radio on my phone to use the T-Mobile frequencies? Or would it make more sense to just flash the T-Mobile Radio on my phone to resolve the reception issue?

Thank you
19th June 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,263

4,601 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater316

Hello

Please pardon in case this is a re-post.

I recently moved from AT&T to T-Mobile and am still using my unlocked HTC One M7. I get decent coverage in almost all the places except at my desk at work. My colleague who also has T-Mobile gets 2 bars at my location with his Samsung S4 which he bought from T-Mobile.

My question to the tech guru's is if it would help, if I flashed a custom T-Mobile rom (ViperOne) on my phone would it reprogram the radio on my phone to use the T-Mobile frequencies? Or would it make more sense to just flash the T-Mobile Radio on my phone to resolve the reception issue?

Thank you

it will not help ..your phone is missing the 1700 band completely and no radio flash will fix it

Quote:

AT&T
Wireless Technology

4G-LTE
Bands 2, 4, 5 and 17

4G
HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul

UMTS/HSPA+
850/1900/2100MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE
850/900/1800/1900MHz

Quote:

T-mobile
Radios GSM: (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900)
WCDMA: (850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100)
LTE: (Band 4 / Band 17)

Last edited by clsA; 19th June 2014 at 09:37 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread