Remove All Ads from XDA

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By paulmguest, Junior Member on 19th June 2014, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

I am writing this post out of some need: I really just am not capable of the rooting process. I'm plenty savvy enough, and have used computers intensely for almost 30 years. I understand the benefits and risks of rooting, have rooted phones before, but have never delved too deeply.

I am also physically disabled, and the endless simultaneous button presses, unplugging and plugging, and on and on, make rooting an activity that I just can't easily keep up with.

I own two Samsung phones: a Note 3, and a Mega, both from AT&T. I rooted the Mega easily, and was really enjoying it until one day the yellow triangle with the unauthorized software on system message appeared - I had not attempted to flash a custom ROM, so I'm not sure what is wrong. I bought the Note 3 from a friend who had flashed Knoxraid onto the phone to then decide he didn't like it. He removed root, thinking that would return him to stock. Which it didn't, of course. I have tried rooting the phone again to no avail.

I would just like to have both phones rooted and in good working order. I don't much care about flashing ROMs. Given a good launcher like Nova, apps like Wanam and Greenify, and a few others, I find my needs are well met.

Can anyone help me?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread