Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard bricked my Mate, anything else before I send it in?

Tip us?

alaninsitges
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Hard bricked my Mate, anything else before I send it in?

Hey everyone, I think I've really screwed it up.

I was trying to install a TWRP recovery, the phone rebooted and it's stuck at the Ascend logo screen. It won't turn off, and no combination of power and volume buttons will make it do anything at all. It just stays at that screen until the battery goes dead. Once I plug in the charger it just starts up back to the logo screen and hangs.

Holding the power button, either alone or with other combos of volume buttons, causes the phone to power off and then it automatically restarts to the logo screen and hangs.

The LED is slowly pulsing an amber color.

ADB doesn't recognize it ("device not found").

Tried putting the stock ROM update into a dload folder on the SD card but it's not doing anything, even with the power+volume combo.

So Huawei is ready to send a messenger to pick up my phone for repair (which I bet they will charge me for). Does anyone have a suggestion I should try before I send it back?

Thanks

blueIBI
Old
Thanks Meter 5
maybe you can get into the bootloader mode..don't know if there's a specific button combo for the mate..if so and it seems to stuck at a logo try to connect to the pc and make an adb request (adb devices)..
once your mate is found you can install a stock recovery again and then a stock OS..
just an idea of mine..
hope you get it running..

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P6-U06 B132 mit xda free
HUAWEI Ascend P6-U06 B510 - rooted

ADHDDHDA
Old
(Last edited by ADHDDHDA; 19th June 2014 at 10:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaninsitges View Post
Hey everyone, I think I've really screwed it up.

I was trying to install a TWRP recovery, the phone rebooted and it's stuck at the Ascend logo screen. It won't turn off, and no combination of power and volume buttons will make it do anything at all. It just stays at that screen until the battery goes dead. Once I plug in the charger it just starts up back to the logo screen and hangs.

Holding the power button, either alone or with other combos of volume buttons, causes the phone to power off and then it automatically restarts to the logo screen and hangs.

The LED is slowly pulsing an amber color.

ADB doesn't recognize it ("device not found").

Tried putting the stock ROM update into a dload folder on the SD card but it's not doing anything, even with the power+volume combo.

So Huawei is ready to send a messenger to pick up my phone for repair (which I bet they will charge me for). Does anyone have a suggestion I should try before I send it back?

Thanks

Not hard bricked.. Just fixed my friends phone what did same thing.. use http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776084

That was only thing what worked.. adb didnt show it on device list.

You need to reboot phone and push Power + volume down. and then it regonize and you can use that tool..

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

It's stucked becouse you forgot to unlock bootloader.. you need to only to click unlock boot loader on that tool and phone works.