Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] updating problem with Nokia Lumia 920. Error code:80072ee7

Tip us?

crg1970
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim View Post
What is error?
Hello Anaheiim.

When the software tries to make the Nokia go into Flash Update mode, the phone stays at the NOKIA logo after rebooting. After about a minute, the application on the PC, say for example the Multisoftware Updater cancels out. In the case of Multisoftware updater, the error says : product in UEFI mode did not appear.

I can reset my phone and I get back the normal operations, but it appeas it never goes into a mode that is needed to download the software, or I don't have a driver or something similar to talk to the phone from my PC when it goes into that mode.

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crg1970 View Post
Hello Anaheiim.

When the software tries to make the Nokia go into Flash Update mode, the phone stays at the NOKIA logo after rebooting. After about a minute, the application on the PC, say for example the Multisoftware Updater cancels out. In the case of Multisoftware updater, the error says : product in UEFI mode did not appear.

I can reset my phone and I get back the normal operations, but it appeas it never goes into a mode that is needed to download the software, or I don't have a driver or something similar to talk to the phone from my PC when it goes into that mode.
And following this tutorial? He said what? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453
The difference here is that you must go into flash mode manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crg1970
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
What is error?
Hello Anaheiim.

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
@crg1970

I have already answered that
See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=12

crg1970
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
And following this tutorial? He said what? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453
The difference here is that you must go into flash mode manually.
Thanks Anaheiim. I am downloading the files in the requisities section of that thread and will follow the steps carefully. On your response you state "you must go into flash mode manually". But I don't see that mentioned in the tutorial, am I missing something??? Is there somewhere I can find how to place a Lumia 920 in flash mode manually???

Thanks again, at least I see a possibility of this working now!!!

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks Anaheiim. I am downloading the files in the requisities section of that thread and will follow the steps carefully. On your response you state "you must go into flash mode manually". But I don't see that mentioned in the tutorial, am I missing something??? Is there somewhere I can find how to place a Lumia 920 in flash mode manually???

Thanks again, at least I see a possibility of this working now!!!
In the link that I give you

Part:
Quote:
Connect the USB end into the USB port of your PC. Turn off your WP8 Nokia Lumia. Connect the other USB end to the USB port of your WP8 Nokia Lumia. Press both the Power button and the Volume Down button. Once a vibration felt, click on Retry in Recovery window.
Follow the tutorial
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	552200Capturedcran18.png
Views:	13
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	2804168  

The Following User Says Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crg1970
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
In the link that I give you

Part:

Follow the tutorial
Will do Anaheiim, thanks!!! Will follow the tutorial exactly and let you know how it goes. Super helpful, thanks. After the install I will leave a donation. Again, thanks a lot I can't tell you how helpful it is to have people like you that have gone through all this!
The Following User Says Thank You to crg1970 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crg1970
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello again Anaheiim, unfortunatelly it has been no luck with the method you posted. I downloaded all the components fine. I downloaded the firmware I needed. I am able to get to the point when I try to recover the phone. I turn it off, plug the USB cord (already connected to the PC) and press the volumen down-power keys at the same time until I get ONE quick vibration. I then click the retry button on the tool on the PC. It starts trying to update, the phone shows the NOKIA logo mid-screen, most of the time it reboots and it shows it again and then goes directly into the Windows Phone logo and then back in to the start menú. Otherwise it just sits at the Nokia Logo. Either way, the PC App after a few minutes tells me it can't recover. Usually no error. Tried several different USB ports. Sometimes on some ports I get this error: DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80070003. .
Exception..

But that's it. Doesn't ever go into Flash Update mode.

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello again Anaheiim, unfortunatelly it has been no luck with the method you posted. I downloaded all the components fine. I downloaded the firmware I needed. I am able to get to the point when I try to recover the phone. I turn it off, plug the USB cord (already connected to the PC) and press the volumen down-power keys at the same time until I get ONE quick vibration. I then click the retry button on the tool on the PC. It starts trying to update, the phone shows the NOKIA logo mid-screen, most of the time it reboots and it shows it again and then goes directly into the Windows Phone logo and then back in to the start menú. Otherwise it just sits at the Nokia Logo. Either way, the PC App after a few minutes tells me it can't recover. Usually no error. Tried several different USB ports. Sometimes on some ports I get this error: DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80070003. .
Exception..

But that's it. Doesn't ever go into Flash Update mode.
There is obviously a problem with the detection of your device. Maybe a problem with drivers or anything else...
You tried different USB port, but have you tried another USB cable?

Any idea @compu829?