Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 52,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does restoring TWRP backup maintain all settings, apps, configurations?

Tip us?

brandypuff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Does restoring TWRP backup maintain all settings, apps, configurations?

I'm considering trying out a different ROM on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. I've done quite a bit of modifications to my stock 4.1 ROM.
I made a complete backup of my phone using TWRP recovery (both system & data backed up).

Now, if i decide that after trying someother ROMS, i decide to revert back to the stock ROM i was using, can i just restore my backup with TWRP Recovery and all my settings, apps, screens, etc. everying will be restored just like it was before i put another ROM on?

I've been very hesitant to try this for fear of needing to reconfigure everything again.
I assume everythig restores as original but i need confirmation.

Thanks.

James

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13758
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
I'm considering trying out a different ROM on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. I've done quite a bit of modifications to my stock 4.1 ROM.
I made a complete backup of my phone using TWRP recovery (both system & data backed up).

Now, if i decide that after trying someother ROMS, i decide to revert back to the stock ROM i was using, can i just restore my backup with TWRP Recovery and all my settings, apps, screens, etc. everying will be restored just like it was before i put another ROM on?

I've been very hesitant to try this for fear of needing to reconfigure everything again.
I assume everythig restores as original but i need confirmation.

Thanks.

James

Yes, it does....if you do a full backup...

And by the way, questions belong in the Q and A section....cheers!
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?