Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Does restoring TWRP backup maintain all settings, apps, configurations?

OP brandypuff

19th June 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
I'm considering trying out a different ROM on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. I've done quite a bit of modifications to my stock 4.1 ROM.
I made a complete backup of my phone using TWRP recovery (both system & data backed up).

Now, if i decide that after trying someother ROMS, i decide to revert back to the stock ROM i was using, can i just restore my backup with TWRP Recovery and all my settings, apps, screens, etc. everying will be restored just like it was before i put another ROM on?

I've been very hesitant to try this for fear of needing to reconfigure everything again.
I assume everythig restores as original but i need confirmation.

Thanks.

James
19th June 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,811

8,467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff

I'm considering trying out a different ROM on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. I've done quite a bit of modifications to my stock 4.1 ROM.
I made a complete backup of my phone using TWRP recovery (both system & data backed up).

Now, if i decide that after trying someother ROMS, i decide to revert back to the stock ROM i was using, can i just restore my backup with TWRP Recovery and all my settings, apps, screens, etc. everying will be restored just like it was before i put another ROM on?

I've been very hesitant to try this for fear of needing to reconfigure everything again.
I assume everythig restores as original but i need confirmation.

Thanks.

James

Yes, it does....if you do a full backup...

And by the way, questions belong in the Q and A section....cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread