Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root Sprint Note 3

OP snapper11

20th June 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I know there are multiple threads about rooting but I am thoroughly confused even after researching on here and google. I will be exchanging my phone for a new Sprint Note 3 today and just want to know what is the best way or program to root my note 3 since I've seen stuff about "tripping knox" which would void the warranty. My main purpose for rooting is to to get Adfree and extend battery life by using SuperSU, Greenify, and Titanium backup. I won't be doing any heavy usage and messing with much of the hardware other than minor tweaks for better battery life. I'll likely also be using the stock ROM since flashing a new or custom ROM is way over my head and I believe it would be easier to unroot if needed. Since I'm not vastly knowledgeable with this stuff, the simpler the better. Please be patient with my questions as I'm a newbie.
20th June 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 331

1,144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper11

I know there are multiple threads about rooting but I am thoroughly confused even after researching on here and google. I will be exchanging my phone for a new Sprint Note 3 today and just want to know what is the best way or program to root my note 3 since I've seen stuff about "tripping knox" which would void the warranty. My main purpose for rooting is to to get Adfree and extend battery life by using SuperSU, Greenify, and Titanium backup. I won't be doing any heavy usage and messing with much of the hardware other than minor tweaks for better battery life. I'll likely also be using the stock ROM since flashing a new or custom ROM is way over my head and I believe it would be easier to unroot if needed. Since I'm not vastly knowledgeable with this stuff, the simpler the better. Please be patient with my questions as I'm a newbie.

You really need to start reading, and you should start from this place:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-sprint

Pay attention to threads about the new towelroot method, since that one might be the only one that does not trip knox on 4.4.2 (if you get a phone with a very old firmware you might also use Universal Root De La Vega, but I know of little details on the Sprint model, you really need to do your reading in the specific Sprint Note 3 forum!).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread