Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone encrypted!!!

OP electric turd

12th June 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64

439 posts
More
I was messing around with CM and I went into twrp to restore a backup and now my phone is locked. Can anyone point me where to go with this?
12th June 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 93

618 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you encrypted your device they only solution to decrypt is to factory reset.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #3  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 42

151 posts
More
You need to search around here. This is a documented issue with aosp ROMs. Someone put out a command line fix (i think it's in the noon-carrier-specific m8 forum) or you can use the ruu files found in this forum.
12th June 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag salt lake
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric turd

I was messing around with CM and I went into twrp to restore a backup and now my phone is locked. Can anyone point me where to go with this?

i just sent in my phone after this same issue i had tried the newest nightly from CM and flashed fine ran through the whole set up process then found out my bluetooth dont work so i restored my most recent bak booted my phone up and i get a message to put in my password that i have never set up
12th June 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #5  
Flag Colo, Ia
Thanks Meter: 15

57 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have had this twice now, i fixed it by formatting data in twrp then factory resetting and restoring a backup from my sd. I lost all my internal storage.
12th June 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag salt lake

43 posts
More
factory reset dont work either sorry were both S.O.L. unless u have insurance then just "loose ur phone"
12th June 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64

439 posts
More
I'm back guys!!!!! I ruu'ed in fastboot. Weird thing was when my phone booted back up it still had supersu!!!!!! That made me happy. I then flashed twrp through flashify and restored a back up I made before this whole fiasco. Thanks again for everything!!!!

So you returned your phone to Verizon over this? If it turns on you can fix it.
Last edited by electric turd; 12th June 2014 at 09:54 PM.
19th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #8  
Flag salt lake

43 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:

I'm back guys!!!!! I ruu'ed in fastboot. Weird thing was when my phone booted back up it still had supersu!!!!!! That made me happy. I then flashed twrp through flashify and restored a back up I made before this whole fiasco. Thanks again for everything!!!!

So you returned your phone to Verizon over this? If it turns on you can fix it.

mine turns off right after it boots dosent matter where it boots to
20th June 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 813

2,715 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skcitzo

i just sent in my phone after this same issue i had tried the newest nightly from CM and flashed fine ran through the whole set up process then found out my bluetooth dont work so i restored my most recent bak booted my phone up and i get a message to put in my password that i have never set up

So you sent in a phone that you broke and that can be fixed but are too lazy to research? And this is why companies lock down bootloaders. If you cant do basic searching, then dont root your phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread