Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,728 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] simple question

Tip us?
 
mgraham80823
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 12
Join Date: May 2014
Post [Q] simple question

can I have to recoveries so I can have more custom rom choices. I would like to install Loki and Safestrap 3.72 . 2 recoveries, one phone, is it possible !!!??? thanks for your reply, I'm a noob
 
decaturbob
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 813
Posts: 2,388
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Decatur
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraham80823 View Post
can I have to recoveries so I can have more custom rom choices. I would like to install Loki and Safestrap 3.72 . 2 recoveries, one phone, is it possible !!!??? thanks for your reply, I'm a noob
How much research have you done?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
 
65vdub
Old
#3  
65vdub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 119
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Long Beach
It's either one or the other, it can't be both. Go into Settings>About Phone and see what baseband it says.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 65vdub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mgraham80823
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 12
Join Date: May 2014
Asking questions is researching to me, do you have the answer to my question? I have done enough research to downgrade sucessfully from NC5 to MK2 install root go back up to NC5 and run hyper-drive. I like hyper drive but would like more roms to toy around with. Enough with the ego,I'm posting in the right section of the forum and it's a simple question. this question could very well answer more peoples questions and your thanks meter might go up. I've done enough research to know being mean gives you a bad rap and answering questions and bieing helpful in a help section gives you good reputation.
 
riker147
Old
(Last edited by riker147; 19th June 2014 at 11:01 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 958
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraham80823 View Post
can I have to recoveries so I can have more custom rom choices. I would like to install Loki and Safestrap 3.72 . 2 recoveries, one phone, is it possible !!!??? thanks for your reply, I'm a noob
No.... You can not have "to" recoveries. Only "won".

Sent from my NCC-1701
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mgraham80823
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 12
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vdub View Post
It's either one or the other, it can't be both. Go into Settings>About Phone and see what baseband it says.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
my baseband is hacked nc5 hyperdrive 16.1
 
65vdub
Old
#7  
65vdub's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 119
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Long Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraham80823 View Post
my baseband is hacked nc5 hyperdrive 16.1
Unfortunately you can only stay with safe strap, the Loki method only worked with the MDK bootloader the phone originally came with when it launched.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 65vdub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mistertac
Old
#8  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,559
Posts: 3,369
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraham80823 View Post
my baseband is hacked nc5 hyperdrive 16.1
Baseband only refers to your modem by the way. Basically you need to know what your bootloader is aka what build your phone is currently on.

Seems you've been answered already as to your recovery question. Only SafeStrap is available for your phone as of now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
decaturbob
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 813
Posts: 2,388
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Decatur
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraham80823 View Post
Asking questions is researching to me, do you have the answer to my question? I have done enough research to downgrade sucessfully from NC5 to MK2 install root go back up to NC5 and run hyper-drive. I like hyper drive but would like more roms to toy around with. Enough with the ego,I'm posting in the right section of the forum and it's a simple question. this question could very well answer more peoples questions and your thanks meter might go up. I've done enough research to know being mean gives you a bad rap and answering questions and bieing helpful in a help section gives you good reputation.
If you read the stickie in the general forum you would have had your answer...I have no idea how u can say you have researched and still ask this question...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes